Chapter 1

Dani's POV

I smiled a sad smile as I wiped the tear that fell on the picture. It was a picture of me and my mom. The last picture we took together. Exactly a year ago she died in the hospital. I miss her so much.

Someone knocked on my room door. I didn't answer. I don't wanna get out of bed. I just want my mom.

My second mom, Heidi, opened the door. Probably knowing why I didn't answer.
"hey"
She said with a small smile as she approached me. I moved to give her some space to sit on my bed. Once she sat on the bed I put my head on her stomach and hugged her tightly.
"I just miss her so much"
"I know. Me too"
She said as she ran her hand through my hair.

She slowly took the picture away from me and put it back on the night stand.

I can't believe it's been a whole year. I changed too much since then. I lost my mom. My dad lost himself to drugs. After six months of trying to get him back. He started beating me up. He'd slap me if he came home and didn't find dinner ready. Or if he sees me while he's high or drunk and remembers mom.

When I couldn't take it anymore I called the only people I could ever call my family. Uncle Marc and aunt Heidi. Uncle Marc took me in and treated me like one of his daughters. I wish dad was anything like his brother. After two months of living with them I started calling uncle Marc dad and aunt Heidi mom.

I tightened my grip on mom as my memories was coming.
"hey. It's okay baby. I got you"
Mom calming voice said as she kissed my head. It was already ten am. I know she needs to go and prepare breakfast. But I can't let go of her right now. I need her hug so much to do that.

°°°°°

Liked by Blake Grey, charlid'amelio and 285,473 others

Danid'amelio: Can't believe it's been a whole year since I saw her. I miss you momma.

View all 69,123 comments
Charlid'amelio:I miss my aunt:(
Blakegrey:Rip my most favorite person in the world.

°°°°°°°

The front door opened and closed. After a while Charli came into the kitchen. She smiled and hugged me. She knows how I feel right now. Words are not needed. She knows I have been crying in mom's embrace for the past two hours.
"I want a hug too!"
Dixie said as she ran to us. We had the best group hug ever. I love my girls.

"I love you guys"
I said as we broke the hug.
"we love you too, D"
Charli said with a smile.
"okay, enough for the drama. What are we doin today?"
Dixie replied as she sat on the counter.

"Blake is taking me for lunch."
I replied with a shrug. It's not something big but he promised to take me out today since he's been hanging out with sway a lot and forgetting all about me.
"I have a meeting in like four hours"
Charli replied too. A meeting means she's not allowed to have any plans till after.