chapter four

It's been roughly 50 minutes, and Crisostomo is already irritated. The two boys are still stuck together in the lavatory, and honestly, Crisostomo is surprised that no one even bothered to come in here or ask a personnel why it's locked. Seriously, what is up with this mall? He lets out a long sigh from where he is sitting, which is on the counter. He's bored, cranky, and he's getting worried for Maria. He looks at Elias, who is sitting calmly on the floor, using his phone like it was the mlst normal thing to do in situations like this.

'Should we call someone?' Crisostomo looked at the taller boy, his brows furrowing with concern. 'Emergency naman 'to eh.'

Elias finally looked away from his phone and scrutinized Crisostomo, which made the younger boy reddened. He smacked his lips together, and raised his eyebrows, looking like he's deep in thought. Crisostmo briefly wondered if this guy is bullshitting him or not. 'Tama ka nga, Prince.'

Now it's Crisostomo's turn to raise his eyebrows. 'I am..?'

'Yup.'

'Okay...?' Crisostomo's voice trailed off. He cleared his throat and looked anywhere but Elias. 'Uh, wait, let me check my phone.'

'Good luck, Prince,' Elias said, his face straight. Crisostomo looked at him for a second, wondering what the hell had gotten in the other boy's head. He rolls his eyes, stands up from his seat on the counter, mumbling, 'Don't call me that.'

'Bakit hindi, Prince?' Elias asked, with a hint of laughter and curiosity in his voice. Crisostomo just kept his lips pursed, and took out his phone from his pockets, unlocked it and checked the time. He noticed that the there are no signal bars, so they have no hope of getting out of here whatsoever. Crisostomo can feel him looking at him but he stares resolutely at his phone, even though it's practically useless for the both of them. He let out an annoyed groan, and furiously pocketed his phone.

'Oh, ano?' Elias asks, but he doesn't seem to care because he's just lazily sitting on the floor, looking bored. Crisostomo looked at him again, unnerved. How is this guy not freaking out?

'Well, sorry for trying! Gusto ko lang namna makalabas here, dude.' He almost folds his arms but stopped himself. Right, that would look childish in front of his soulma- wait, no. No, no, no. He's not his soulmate. He could never accept it. This has to be some kind of mistake. Plus, he's not even gay! This annoying, insufferable thug cannot possibly be his soulmate

'Aww, ganun mo ba talaga ako kaayaw?' Elias pouts, his eyes are parted sadly but there's a mischievous glint in there, too. Crisostomo just glared at him, his cheeks reddening. Of course, he does! They hate each other... right?

As a matter of fact, yes.' He says firmly.

Elias stepped closer. 'Are you sure?'

'Yes,' Crisostomo answers, but there was a lump in his throat. There was a slight flutter in his stomach and he tries to convince himself that it's because he hasn't ate breakfast.

'Uh-huh?' Elias has definitely taken a big step forward because suddenly they were facing, their foreheads are almost touching and the feel of Elias' nose lingers. Whenever their skin brush, Crisostomo feels like combusting. Elias' eyes are lidded, looking dazed.

Crisostomo's chest feels full, like something is rousing inside, filling him up. Something like... fire, threatening to spill out and spontaneously combust if he couldn't keep it. He tried finding for something witty or sassy to say but none came.

There was that lump in his throat again. He gulped and licked his dry lips. Like a magnet, Elias' gaze fell to the younger boy's mouth and Crisostomo watched as Elias' Adam apple bobbed up and down. He was still looking at his lips, absolutely entranced.

Elias raised his hands, making Crisostomo cringe, but this didn't stop the older boy to slip his fingers through the younger boy's hair, petting it down. Crisostomo held his breath when those hands trail down, grazing his cheeks with his firm but gentle palm.

Elias' gaze left his lips and he's looking at his nose, and then his cheeks, and then his forehead, hungrily taking it all in so the image of Crisostomo's face stays in his memory - like he's trying to learn every detail of Crisostomo's face by heart, like he might slip out of his hands.

Crisostomo suddenly forgets about everything - Maria Clara, the paper due tomorrow, his own name, even - and in that moment, in that exact second, he wants Elias to kiss him.

That thought snapped him out of reverie. After struggling for something to say, he blurted out a, 'Layuan mo nga ako!' which should have sounded firmer and more masculine like he hoped but that crack in his voice definitely ruined it. He pushed the older boy away, his heart beating wildly like a caged animal.

Elias' eyes widened. He took a step back from the younger boy, his whole body just slumps downward. Crisostomo just turned his back on him, his mind is in a frenzy and the fire in his chest is ablaze. He's out of breath, yet he never felt this kind of thrumming thrill in his whole life before. Especially not from Maria Clara.

'Sorry,' Elias says, but it was so faint Crisostomo wonders if he really heard it or not. Honestly, he doesn't know what to say it. He's pretty shaken up and his mind is still befuddled and loaded with questions, but unfortunately, they were never answered when suddenly the door swung open with a panic-stricken employee, the keys jangling in his hands noisily. About time.

The employee looks like he's ready for customer's rage, Crisostomo feels a little bad. 'Pasensya na ho, mga sir! Nawala po kasi yung mga susi sa C.R! Pasensya na po talaga sa abala. Pwede po kayong mag-reklamo sa Customer's Service kung gusto niyo, sorry po-'

Crisostomo cut the babbling employee. 'That won't be necessary. Next time, wag mo nang ulitin..," He squints his eyes and looked at the namecard, 'Lucas.'

'Yes po, sir! Sorry po uli!' Lucas looks relieved. Crisostomo just pats his back and exits, followed shortly by Elias, who is uncharacteristically solemn.

The younger boy just looks at him, but was surprised when he finds the older boy already staring at him. He feels his face flush, racking his brain for something to say. Elias just continued looking at him apologetically and broke his gaze, stuffing his hands on the pockets of his jeans and went on his way. Crisotomo watched him go, feeling strange.

Promptly, his phone began vibrating in his pocket. He took it out and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of messages and calls he missed. 46 messages and 5 missed calls. All from Maria Clara. 'Shit,' he whispers with spirit, feeling anxious. He hastily pressed the call button near Maria's name and prayed for death. It didn't even get to two rings when the girl answers. He was greeted by a, 'Crisostomo, what the hell! Nasaan ka nagpunta?!'

'MC, kalma! Na-stuck kasi ako sa CR.'

'Seriously?' Maria sounds doubtful, but concerned.

'Yes, nawala daw yung keys or something.' He says lamely.

'Oh. Okay, then. I'm sorry. Umuwi na ko, I hope you don't mind. I thought you bailed kasi.'

'Right, that's okay. Sorry, Maria.' He closes his eyes in shame.

'It's okay. Next time nalang?'

He agrees, then the two of them said their goodbyes. Crisostomo just sighed and made his way to the exit, his mind drifting towards to the thought of Elias, seemingly already have forgotten about Maria. He shook his head, blaming it on his tired brain and the lack of sleep.

What a day.