【Chapter III】

NARRATIVE & YOUTUBE

The doorbell sounds, and it sounds like a stampede coming down the hallway

"Don't open the door so hard, you'll chip the paint!" Dixie yells as she heard a slam. A dog is heard and she looks up in surprise. "Hey char, how are you?"

Two women and a dog enter the kitchen, chaos coming behind them. "Hey Sophia, how was school?" Charli asks, blatantly ignoring her sister. Madi looks over at Dixie in confusion.

"Did I miss something? Why is Char ignoring you?" Madi says, walking over to Dixie and giving her a hug.

"Oh, I think she's mad at me cause I left her on read." Dixie explains, bending down to fuss Toby the dog.

Charli spins around sharply. "That's a lie! I'm only a little mad at you for that. I'm mad cause you said that you wouldn't get me Dunkin!"

Madi rolls her eyes, but having been with Charli for years, she's now used to her Dunkin obsession. "Baby, I'm sure you can live without one coffee. It's not that big of a deal."

Charli's mouth opens in shock. "Not that big of a deal! That's like me telling you that it's not that of a deal if we don't-"

"Um, keep it PG please, there's children in the room." Dixie interjects and Charli flushes bright red.

"Anyway, that's besides the point. Dunkin is a vital part of my daily routine, just like Madi and-"

The door opens yet again, and this time a male voice is heard. "I'm home and I have Dunkin!"

Charli lets out a little squeal and rushes back to the front door, a slightly flustered Madi and an annoyed Dixie following behind her.

Dixie leans forward to hug and peck Noah on the lips. "Sophia, your dad brought Dunkin!" she yells and Sophia moves so fast she could give Flash a run for his money, quite literally. Her and Charli both grab a coffee and retire to the living room, with Toby trailing behind them.

"Hey honey, how was work?" Dixie asks after kissing him again.

"It was alright, but when I went to Dunkin, the drive-through was closed, so I had to actually go into the building." Dixie nods her head confusedly, wondering where on earth the story is going. "And I kid you not, there was a couple there that looked exactly like Bryce and Addison. They must have moved close to us."

Dixie freezes, her head filling with memories that she'd tried so head to keep out. Her and Addison sat on a bed, painting each others nails. Her and Addison giggling like 5th graders over their crushes on Bryce and Noah. Dixie comforting Addison when she broke up with Bryce, Addison comforting Dixie when rumors of Griffin cheating on her were circling. Her looking down at Addison asleep on her chest, wishing that they could stay friends forever.