【Chapter V】

NARRATIVE

"What's up, Addi?"

"What's up, Addi?"

Addison looks up, her eyes slightly glazed over. "The sky," she lets out a small giggle that is obviously fake, "I was just thinking."

Bryce puts down the boxes he was holding and sits next to Addison, pulling her in close for a hug. "About what exactly? You've seemed a bit off since we filmed the video."

"It's just that- I don't know. One of the questions got to me and I don't know why cause I haven't talked to the person in like fifteen years but now everything's coming back to me and I can't figure out why we stopped talking and I wish we were still friends and I just want to talk to her again," she breaks off in a sob, covering her mouth and burying her head in Bryce's shoulder.

"I used to know everything about her and her life. Now I don't even know if she's married. I don't know if she has kids, how her sister is, if her sister ever came out the closet. I don't even follow them on instagram anymore. I want things to go back to how they used to be. I want to be able to tell her every detail of the past fifteen years. But I can't, because we don't talk."

Bryce kisses the top of her head and they sit in silence for a minute, mulling over what Addison said.

"We're going to see Jaden and Mads later, right?"

Addison turns to face him, frowning slightly. "Yeah, they live close now we've moved, why?"

"Here's what we'll do, we'll see if they've kept in touch with anyone, and if not, Mads and you can figure something out. You're the unstoppable duo, you two can figure anything out. It'll be like November 2019 all over again, the four will be back."

"The unstoppable duo was always Dixie and I," Addison mumbled.

"I know bubs, but you can be the unstoppable duo part two. Things change Adds, everything happens for a reason, alright?"

"Yes."

"I love you, Addi."

"I love you too, bubs."

•❃°•°❀°•°❃•

"Jaden, if you don't move right now, we'll be late! Please hurry up, we haven't seen them in ages and I want to squeeze Addison!" Mads walks towards the front door, balancing a baby on each hip. Her eyes are still just as blue, her beauty still just as uncomparable. "J, now!"

"I'm coming!" a voice shouts from the other side of the house, followed by a laugh, "That's what she said!"

"Jaden!" Mads rolls her eyes, "Stop acting like a child, we already have two very heavy ones that I could use some help with!"

Jaden comes running to the door, swoops in, takes one of the babies, tickles the other and plants a kiss on the top of Mads' head. Mads just smiles and shakes her head, trying and failing, miserably, to hide the love in her eyes.

"Baby, lets go, what are you waiting for?" Jaden mocks and without waiting for an answer, runs out the house, a laughing baby in his arms.

"Kacie, I really hope that you turn out like your mom, not your dad," Mads chuckles and heads out the door, straps the babies into the car, yells at Jaden to "Stop petting the stray cats and get in the car!"
"But look at the pussies!"
"JADEN!", and finally sets off to meet Addison and Bryce.

•❃°•°❀°•°❃•

●○○

○●○

○●○

○○●

○○●

Liked by brycehall, addisonrae, and 1,482,631 others
madslewis today was a rollercoater of emotions, i love you so so so much addisonrae

user oh gosh i feel old, winter 2019 is this you?

user FINALLY!!!

user what happened to #justrememberyourebeautiful? that was kinda iconic

addisonrae i had the best time, lets make this a regular thing!
madslewis yes, that would incredible!
brycehall i second that
jadenhossler i third that, i missed bryce way too much for it to be normal
user this friend group>>>>>>

charlidamelio oh my goodness, you both look absolutely stunning!
user first addi's post now mads'
user what's going on?
heididamelio really char? we're in the middle of a conversation, pay attention please
user good to see those two haven't changed 💀

LOAD MORE COMMENTS

AUTHOR SPEAKS
it's been so long for
absolutely no reason
but i've just sat down
and wrote like 4 chapters
so that's fun

thank you all so much for
5k reads!!!

i would also like to thank
tiktok for throwing back
into the deep end of my
harry potter phase and
making me realise that
i didn't want to be just
friends with hermione
and luna 😳

anyways, vote, comment
and i'll see you in the next
chapter (hopefully sooner
than last time)