THIRTEEN

The plan is for me to grab some of my stuff from my apartment and go with Liam to his pack. For some reason, I'm very nervous with him sitting so close to me on the passenger seat. He doesn't look at me and just stares at the road ahead. I'm driving extra carefully now, focusing all of my attention on the road but Jade is making it a little hard. She's way too excited with her mate sitting right across from her, almost naked.

"Control yourself, you horny wolf, before you get us all killed."

She ignores me and continues with her antics.

The car ride is short and silent. Once we reach the apartment building, I park my car and turn my head to look at him.

"Stay here, I'll go get you some clothes," I order.

He simply nods in agreement and I quickly rush out of the car to the apartment. Luckily, Abigail will not be home at this time, otherwise I don't think I could have faced answering all her questions if I had walked in with a guy. Especially, with that guy being Liam. He might be an asshole but he for sure is hot.

With his slightly ruffled dark hair, full lips and high cheekbones, he was clearly blessed when it came to his features. The light scruffy beard, and grey eyes that could pierce right through you, he certainly was a specimen to behold. He is also really tall, about 6'5". And those muscles, they make his body look like it could belong to a God.

Oh dear, what is happening to me? I quickly brush the thoughts away. Remember April, he might be hot, but he's still an obnoxious prick. A prick who saved your life, but a prick nonetheless.

After entering the apartment, I rush to Abigail's room hoping I can find some of her boyfriend's clothes. Luckily, I find a pair of blue jeans and a white T-shirt and quickly grab them, running back downstairs. I hand over the clothes to Liam and wait outside the car while he changes.

He steps out once he's done and stands in front of me. He's so tall, I barely reach his shoulders and I'm 5'9". My eyes fall on his chest.

The T-shirt barely fits him and does a terrible job at hiding his well toned muscles. One sudden movement by him and it might just tear off.

He clears his throat distracting me from my thoughts and I feel my entire face heat up. Did I just get caught checking him out? I need to get this under control. I turn around so fast, almost giving myself whiplash, and start walking towards the building. He quietly follows behind. Once we enter the apartment, I decide to break the silence.

"Would you like a drink?" I ask. He just nods.

I grab a bottle of beer from the fridge and hand it to him. I walk towards my room and I can feel him follow behind me. Once we're inside, he makes his way over to the chair placed next to my desk.

"Make yourself at home, I guess," I throw my hands up and walk into my closet.

Scanning my closet, I grab the first thing I can find which is a pair of dark blue jeans and a pastel pink top. I go into the bathroom and change and then look at myself in the mirror.

I look terrible. Dried tears cover my cheeks and my hair is dishevelled. I hastily wash my face and then brush my hair. After I'm done, I step out to see Liam still sitting on the chair, deep in thought.

He glances over at me and speaks. "You should hurry up, in case Daxton decides to come back."

I nod and grab a suitcase. I start running around my room, grabbing all the things I might need. Who knows how long I'm going to be staying there.

"I'm glad you're done being stupid and have agreed to go live with our mate," I hear Jade chime in.

"Oh, look who's here. Where were you when I was about to get kidnapped?" I say taunting her.

"I would've been there if you had considered shifting."

Sorry my brain wasn't working while getting abducted.
I roll my eyes and get back to focusing on the task at hand.

"Alright, I think that's about it," I say, satisfied that I've packed everything.

There are two suitcases, one large and one small, and another bag that I've filled with toiletries and makeup and such. I've always been terrible at packing and end up taking too much stuff, but oh well. I try to get the suitcases off of the bed but find it incredibly difficult to do so because they're really heavy.

"Here, let me," Liam offers after watching me struggle.

He takes each suitcase in one hand and lifts them up so easily, you'd think they were filled with air, and walks ahead of me without even bothering to roll them. I pull my other bag over my shoulder and head out of the room behind him. I grab the car keys that I left on the kitchen counter and we both head out of the apartment. I lock it and then text Abigail to let her know I'm leaving.

"Hey, going back to stay with my mom for a while. See you soon!"

She replies almost instantly.

"Cool. Have fun!"

Liam places all the luggage in the trunk of my car. He walks towards the driver's sea.

"I think it's best if I drive," he announces.

"Why?" I question. "I can drive just fine."

"You drive like a turtoise. We'll get there faster if I drive," he retorts.

I roll my eyes and throw him the keys.