Chapter 26

Scarlett

I don't know why Mason was surprised. I mean, I did tell him that I'll be leaving him broke. Did he not understand me? Silly boy. Walking out of the premises I bumped into Nicolas. "Where are you off to?" He asked. I smiled wryly. "Off to celebrate my new found freedom as a single lady." He eyed me down. "That wasn't nice." I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me?" He stepped a little closer, towering over me. "What you did...giving him a little hope that he would be released."
"He will. When I feel like it." I laughed as I got in his car. He fumed. "Get the fuck out." He seethed. I pouted and folded my arms. "No. You drove me here. Take me back." Nicolas seemed to be conflicted. Rolling my eyes, I jumped over to the driver's seat. "Oh look. Somebody forgot his car keys inside." The realization hit him hard. His body tensed.

"You wouldn't." He whispered. Smirking, I locked the doors. "Watch me."I grinned at him. "By the way, I killed the Perez's and I am responsible for every other mystery murder known." His jaw dropped. Closing the windows; I took off. This is called stealing but it's not; he refused to take me back. So, I helped myself. I had to make this as quick as I could. It was already sunset. I arrived at La Anjelou and didn't waste anymore precious time. Barging in Joe's office, I caught him making out with Sasha. "How can you be smooching at a time like this?" They both pulled back from each other. Sasha was embarrassed, she left the office in a hurry. "Was that really necessary?" "I don't give two shits Joe." He cocked an eyebrow at me. "What's going on, Mistress?" I sighed heavily. "Operation destroy Lenin is in motion." I paced about the office. "I don't have much time. You know what must be done, right?" He nodded. "Excellent. We have to go back to my place. Now!"

Without wasting anymore time, Joe placed Sasha on duty before we left. Putting my bike at the back of Nicolas' car; we got in. "Who's car is this?" He asked as he got in the passenger seat. "You'll find out soon enough." Was all I said before speeding away. The moment we reached my house, the residents all came rushing out, they were startled by the speeding car. They gave me funny looks when I got inside the house. "No time to lose. Hurry up Joe!" I yelled as I rushed to my office. Getting there; the first thing I did was to lock the door as soon as Joe got in. We gave each other knowing looks. Going under the mahogany table, I found my secret compartment where I hid in a few things. I took out a new outfit from it and quickly changed. I got dressed in a short flurry dress. It had pockets in the inside that even a hand gun and other small weaponry could be hidden and not be detected by any means necessary. Next, was the map that I stole from Nicolas on one of our dates. I also hid it beneath the dress. Taking one last look at myself, Joe nodded. We shook hands and hugged. "It's time." He whispered, pulling back. Nodding, I inhaled sharply. This is it. My moment of truth.

Within seconds, the door was broken down by the DEA. The agents came flooding in like a swarm of bees...

Joe's POV

I watched as they dragged her away. She didn't protest. She gave me a sincere smile as they dragged her off. I've known her since she got mixed up in this life-willingly at that; I've kept her deepest secrets like a guardian. She has been on a rollercoaster of emotions. Done horrible things to be where she is now. I admired her. I followed the troops to the lounge where her family and friends stood bewildered. Her parents were sobbing, her friends awestruck and I, proud. She has come a long way. "Sorry, for the inconvenience. My name is Nicolas Ray Fernandez. An Agent of the DEA..." Oh, now I see. Her mom sobbed harder. "Please, sir, let my daughter go." She begged. The agent's face fell, although he quickly recovered, I saw what layed beneath it. Scarlett was brought forth to us. Her hands and ankles were chained. "Your daughter is being charged with multiple murder charges, drug and human trafficking and many more crimes..." "Why? Why?" Her mother questioned, kneeling infront of her daughter. "Why did you have to go this far?" Scarlett attempted to join her mother on the floor but the agents restrained her until Nicolas gave the heads up.