thirteen; told you so

chapter thirteen; told you so

What is with me and crying in a junkyard? Teddy questioned himself, writing down the thought in his notepad. Well, he did have an anxiety disorder, and not to mention he was dealing with intense anxiety inducing events, so those were probably the reasons. He hummed to himself, satisfied with that reasoning. He continued to write down more of his thoughts that came to his mind:

More Darts?
Dart = Demogorgon... more Demogorgons
WHAT IS CONTROLLING THEM?
Related to Will's problem??
Figure out how they're growing so fast... evolution... metamorphorasis?

The British boy trailed in the back of the group with Max at his side and the others slightly ahead of them. Everyone held their flashlights out, lighting the dark pathway before them... well, everyone besides Teddy as he thought it was important to write everything down. He scribbled furiously in the dark, Max pointing her flashlight toward him every so often to give the boy some more light. He was grateful for the kind gesture from his friend... and that their issues they had at the beginning of the day had disappeared.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas questioned.

Dustin nodded, "Yes. He had the same exactly yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago." Max rebutted.

"Is it metamorphosis?" Teddy questioned aloud, tapping his pen against his cheek to think about what he said. He had mentioned that thought on his notes and wanted to throw that idea out to his friends. They were all quite smart as well and maybe had their own ideas. Max gave Teddy an odd look at the suggestion, so he decided to give an explanation to his other ginger friend. "well, I think it's similar to that at least. Metamorphosis, you know, what butterflies do—"

"yeah." Max simply nodded her head, cutting Teddy short of a brewing long spew of information he seemed to be planning to delve into. Or... so she thought.

Teddy continued on his train of thought, rambling on and on, "Okay, so, it's basically relatively abrupt change in the animal's body structure, meaning that it has tons of cell growth and—" He paused as he self-reflected on what he was saying. Was it even correct? "Wait... mammals don't go through that. Reptiles don't either... Are Demogorgons it's own class because it can't fit into any categories?" It was a relatively good question with zero logic explanation. Demogorons weren't real, according to science. It was very much real. Still, Teddy tried to find some sort of explanation.

"I don't think there's a scientific term for it..." Lucas chimed

"Well, I guess Teddy's on some sort of right track. I believed he's molted... and he's done it three times already." Dustin explained.

"Malted?" Steve questioned, confused.

"Molted." The curly haired boy corrected, "shed his skin to make more room for growth like hornworms."