Chapter Four: I Love It When I'm Right

"Fighting it is hopeless, sinking in your ocean, Just like He designed me to do, Fall into your blue."

[Song: "Blu" (Acoustic) - Jon Bellion

RECAP:

Naomi met with the three transfer students Bennett, Jordan, and Declan at Starbu- I mean Starbooks. Jordan, living in his own world, writes a friendship contract called The Contract of Starbooks for the four of them which he probably got the idea from a TV show. Now they have to go to school the next day to see what's in store for the four of them.

Note: Everything in this chapter is important as is all chapters. There are a lot of hidden details. Even if it sounds boring and you want to skim it, it'll be important in the future from a name to a minor action. Even the songs in the beginning of each chapter! You'll be learning a lot in this book so do your best to understand the concepts and work together in the comment sections to better understand them. You guys are great and I hope you all enjoy the chapter!

~

"You're right on time," I commented as I took a seat at the front. And you actually showed up.

"Of course," Bennett told me as he started up his car. "I'm not one to go back on my word."

We sat in silence without even the radio playing between us. If I thought about it, out of the three of them, I have interacted with Bennett the least with Jordan being the most. I glanced at Bennett who was focused on driving when I saw something caught my eye. For a moment, I thought Bennett had a mole on his earlobe, but it was actually a small black stud earring. He didn't seem like someone who would wear earrings, but here he was proving me wrong. I decided not to bring it up or else I would be admitting I stared at him long enough to notice them.

"Do you need something?" He asked, his eyes still on the road.

I spoke too soon. I should have known better. It's like he has a sixth sense.

"No, nothing," I gracefully stammered out. "Don't mind me. Just being a passenger princess."

Bennett's eyebrows furrowed together. "A passenger what?"

"Please don't let me repeat that," I asked, feeling the heat rising up from my neck to all over my face. "If anything, keep driving and I'll jump out of the car."

He slowly nodded, mostly to himself, trying to understand it. "I won't ask you to repeat yourself."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"... passenger princess," he finished smoothly, his face expressionless despite what he just said.

I put my face in my hands.

As we drove, I began to recognize the area we were driving through. I used to live around this part of the city. It was a decent area but it had its fair share of suspicious activity in its streets and alleys both during the day and the night. After my father's promotion, his request to transfer to the bank's main branch was accepted and my parents couldn't move out of our old place faster and into our current neighborhood where the urban city slowly transformed into the suburbs. The car slowed down a particular block of worn down apartments. Two figures left one particular apartment. After a short exchange and both kissing the other cheek, they parted ways.

"I'm glad that this is how I'm going to start my mornings," Jordan said with a grin as he opened the car door and took the back seat. "No offense Bent but you're not exactly a sight for sore eyes."

"There's always the option of walking to school, Jordan," Bennett informed him as he started up his car.

"Naomi, do you know how amazing Bennett is?" Jordan said eagerly. "He already wakes up early, makes himself breakfast, and picks the both of us up. Just imagine he's now doing that and picking up the three of us. He isn't even a morning person." Jordan snickered. "Trust me when I tell you this but you should never wake him up. He gets grumpy after his naps and-"