CHAPTER 4

Elin woke up from the smell of a warm meal. She stood up and rub her eyes from yesterday's soreness.

"Who made this?", she asked the little black fairy who was sitting across the table.

"Just eat your fill and don't worry about such things", Nero gestured to keep going.

Elin sat and began to eat. It's been awhile since she ate such a warm meal. Back in the mansion, she always waited for her family to come and eat with her. But to no avail, no matter how much she stay, they never came. Her meal got cold and the room was then filled with loneliness.

While Elin was eating her share, Nero kept on glancing sideways. He seemed to be agitated.

"Is something the matter, Nero?", Elin waited for his response..

The black fairy was caught off guard by the question. He could no longer hide the fact that something was bothering him.

"I've been sensing an entity within the vicinity, but ---

--- but I can't seem to identify it", Nero was doubtful with his inference.

"Can't you just follow its shadow like you always do?", Elin asked.

"I did. I tried. But I had a hard time tracking his movement. It is as if, He's a shadow himself", Nero muttered.

"He? A person? That can't be. This is THE Forest of Rever. Once you get lost in here, either you die alone or be eaten alive", Elin was unsure of what was happening. Maybe someone tracked her down and was trying to hide his presence until he finds the right time to kill her for good.

As she was about to stand up, Elin sensed the presence and took a step back.

"Nero! Gloves! QUICKLY! ---

--- And Hide!", Elin whispered.

As Nero gave her the gloves and went back to the shadow, She put on the black leather gloves with steel embedded in the knuckle area. Elin readied her stance and focused on sensing the figure outside. Her sweat ran down her face as she waited for the person to enter.

But, HE DISAPPEARED.

All she can hear now is her breathing and the thumping of her heart. Elin didn't relax, not one bit did she cease her attention

Just then, the window located at her side shattered and she was thrown aback by surprise. She quickly got up and looked infront at what seemed to be a man. The man suddenly rushed forward and Elin could only block the attack with her forearms.

A shooting pain was felt in her bruised and bleeding forearms. The man's attack was both rapid and strong. Elin could only defend.

As the man was about to strike, Nero manipulated the man's shadow for him to be slightly off-balance but he was too quick to recover. Elin attacked him as she saw an opening but the man gracefully dodged.

She knew she wasn't weak. Her physical ability was on par with an elite imperial soldier. Elin was secretly training herself trying to get stronger. She didn't want to rely on magic alone.

So why?

Where did she go wrong?

Was her training not enough or is this man too strong for her?

If they were not in this kind of situation, Elin would have admired his movement. It was as if he was dancing to the beat of life.

Elin tried to land a punch to the man's face, yet he elegantly dodged the attack. But the force of Elin's punch shattered his drop earring.

Unexpectedly, the man's face suddenly changed. His skin was now paler with tattoos appearing at his arm. His hair got an inch longer and darker. Pointed ears emerged in between his jet black hair and eyes seem to be glowing purple with vertical slit pupils. His body was sculpted to perfection that seemingly invites you to do sins with him. Finally, an appearance that was breathtakingly mysterious igniting any desire hidden deep down the core.

 Finally, an appearance that was breathtakingly mysterious igniting any desire hidden deep down the core

What was infront of her was no longer a man, but a Hellion.

Elin snapped out of it as she heard him talking with his low-pitched baritone voice.

"I was just trying to scare you but---

---it seems you discovered my identity. I have no choice but to kill you instead", the demon sighed.

Before Elin could utter even a single word, the Hellion lunged forward posthaste.A small dagger appeared under his sleeve and was about to stab Elin's trachea. Elin could only parry it with her palm but was a little bit too late.

The dagger was an inch closer

but it bounced off.

Both stopped their movement and got stunned.

They just stood there dumbfounded and staring at each other.