2. New Normality

** Written in Music Catastrophe's POV **
- 2 months later -

The night time was the worst. Temperaturesdropped to ungodly degrees. It was hard enough to light a fire, never mind keepit going. "Come on" I mumbled frustrated as I hit the flint and stone togethercreating more sparks. "yes" I grinned as it finally worked, I fanned itfrantically to increase the flame.
"For the inventions that you have, none are useful for fires" Ghost Thrillergrinned at me, looking up from his comic. Jamie had taken a long time to comeup with that. He didn't want help, most of the journey was spent coming up withiconic alibis. Though as the time passed, we learnt we were the outcasts, wepart of this "killjoy" revolution that had swooped across the United States.There was more like us out there, not giving in to BLI, or on the run from BLI.We hadn't came across another living soul, the hunt for G still continues. I amstill convinced she is alive, she may have been taken in by some killjoys, sheis a smart girl, she could be still fending for herself.
"Nope, but it is on my to do list when we find somewhere permanent to stay, Ican get the basement up and running again" I laugh. I hadn't been able to dowork because we were constantly moving in the car, praying to run into G. Thebasement is my portable workplace, once I connect it to all the pods, we wonthave to carry around so many of them.
"I miss watching you work, I cant wait to do that again" Ghost smiled at me ashis head sunk back into the comic.
"I miss it too, it won't be long hopefully," I say getting back onto my feet,flicking my dusty hair out of my face. I plopped down on one of my campingchairs and stared up to the dirty night sky. You could not see a single star,due to the pollution of BLI. Better Living Industries had completely takenover. It is a complete dictatorship.
Ghost let out a deep sigh and looked up "do you think we will ever... yknow-" hestruggled to find the words.
I raised an eyebrow and faced him "What?" I asked, moving beside him andkneeling down. I knew he was frightened. Our family was ripped apart, and hisentire life had been flipped upside down. He lost friends. Heck, we don't evenknow who is alive or dead.
Ghost looked down and thought for a moment before looking back at me again."Go..back to normal again? Or find G?" He mumbled whilst looking at medesperately wanting some sort of hope to hold on to.
I swallowed the lump in my throat and put a hand on his shoulder. "I can'tpromise you that" I whispered, holding back the sadness. This was the weirdestthing either of us has had to go through.
Ghost didn't reply, he simply nodded, shrugged his shoulders and turned hisattention back to his comic book.
"But-" I said slowly, grabbing his attention back. I smiled halfly "we will tryour best, it's just me and you against the world," I said encouragingly.
Ghost smiled "Me and you," He repeated pulling me into a hug. My heart brokeinto a million pieces. My aim was to protect him at all costs, no matter what.For all I know, he is the last person I have on this planet. I pulled him intoa tighter hug as a comfort.
"I just wish I had made those proper watches I talked about" I said into hisear. I had drafted plans for a smart watch which would alert me or the rest ofthe family when someone is in danger and constantly tracked each person'slocation, better than those current smart watches on the market. You would beable to send out distress signals communicate and alert everyone in one smalltap. The current watch was small and could pin locations, but only when theindividual allowed it, not constantly.
"Hey, you could make an even better one, if anything, the current situationwill give you ideas on how to make that better and ditch the old drafts youhad," Ghost said pulling out of my arms to look at me properly. I nodded.
"True," I said sitting down again beside him and pulling out my notebook. Iturned to the pages with the drafts on it and began to jot down newdevelopments and ideas with Ghost. We spoke for hours; his imagination wasincredible. The wind was getting sharper and it was getting colder and colder.I am lucky he is by my side. I would have gone insane if I didn't have him withme. He is my sticking plaster. I am praying I can get him back to normal andreunite my entire family again.