𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝘰𝘩 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter one | oh if i knew how to whistle

————☽•☾————

       "𝙄 pee my pants a little when I laugh!"

"No Bri, this is why my parents didn't want you coming with us. Be thankful dad went to pay and mum's stuck in line." A witch, no older than thirteen, said to her best friend one hot afternoon. It was her birthday today and they had decided to go out for ice cream. Elena Eve had tucked her black hair behind her ear, embarrassed that a few people had looked at them due to her best friend's sudden declaration. She then grabbed a spoon and began digging into her ice cream. Her father had gone to pay for the ice cream, whereas her mother was stuck in line for the lavatory. She too wanted to use the loo but once she saw the line, she decided she would go at home.

Brianna Kelps laughed at her friend, licking the bubblegum flavored ice cream off her rosy lips and pressed a hand against her cheek, elbow resting on the brown table. "We both know your parents adore me." She argued, plunging her silver stainless steel spoon into her ice cream and dipped that into her mouth, savoring the coldness.

"If Brianna Kelps is poison for you Elena means adores, then sure," She smiled, shrugging. "They absolutely adore you."

Brianna snorted. "Some people show it in different ways, like McGonagall and Snape, they absolutely love me."

Elena laughed a little, shaking her head and scooped a spoon of strawberry and mint flavored ice cream into her mouth. "Sure, then Draco Malfoy and the Bloody Baron love me as well."

"I'm telling you, I caught Draco staring at you during the last feast." Brianna told her friend, who immediately shook her head.

"Oh please, he was only staring at me because he didn't get the chance to remind me how ugly my hairline is or how Crabbe and Goyle picture my face when they play Quidditch."

"Oh Merlin, we both know he uses a whole bucket of gel to smooth down his wild hairline and the entirety of Hufflepuff knows we picture those two gits when we whack Bludgers."

Elena laughed. "You're amazing, you are."

"I only try my best."

Robert Eve sunk down in the chair across Elena and sighed, immediately digging into his cinnamon and ginger flavored ice cream, silently shaking his head.

"So dad, what took you so long?" Elena inquired, raising a brow at her father, who was a tinge red in the face despite having an olive complexion.

"Well, we're in a muggle shop Elena, why do you think I took so long?" He shook his head again. "I swear if I hear someone mutter something about a Pound or a Pence, I'm going to loose it."

Elena rolled her eyes at her overly dramatic father then plastered a grin on a face. "I did say let me go with you dad, Muggle Studies remember?"

Her father snorted, anger slowly dispersing. "Pulling that card out now hey?"

"It works like a charm." She shrugged.

"Can you whistle Mr Eve?" Brianna asked and Elena shot her a look but as always, Brianna ignored it. Robert nodded as he scooped another mouthful of ice cream into his mouth, a clear sign that he didn't want to actually talk to Brianna. "Oh if I knew how to whistle, I'd annoy the heck out of Malfoy."

Elena snorted. "You're already doing a great job by just existing Bri, trust me."

"That slimy git—" Brianna shook her head. "And to think he has the hots for you?! I hope you break his heart El."

Robert raised a brow. "Who has the what for my daughter?"

Elena was about to answer, but like always, Brianna was first to respond. "Draco Malfoy. I caught him staring at her during the last feast. I mean I know why he would stare, El is hot but she really mustn't stoop so low to date him."

Elena blushed a red when her father looked at her. "He was staring because he didn't get the chance to insult me Bri, we've been over this."

"I don't know." Robert replied. "I agree with Brianna on this one." Elena stared at her father with a mouth hung agape, did he just agree with Brianna on something? Brianna smirked at Elena. "You are very beautiful."

"I feel ganged upon." Elena muttered, shaking her head and glanced at the line again, to see her mother walk towards them. "Mum, they're teaming against me."

"Are they now?" Elizabeth Eve asked, raising a brow at her husband, who shrugged his shoulders at her, an amused smile on his lips. "And why are they doing that now?"

"You see Mrs Eve, there's this prick at school, Draco Malfoy, and I think he might like El." Brianna replied, shrugging and pushed her brown hair behind her ear. "It's really no wonder, she's really hot."

Elena sighed. "Please don't encourage them mum."

"Well...." Elizabeth began, twirling her silver spoon and Elena sighed. "You do take after me and I am beautiful."

"Oh no mum, please." Elena sighed, shaking her head. "Please don't encourage them. Draco Malfoy does not have the hots for me. I'm one of his mortal enemies, me and Bri included."

"Is he handsome?" Elizabeth asked, looking at Brianna instead, knowing fully well that her daughter won't answer her.

"Mum!—"

"If you look past his awful personality and snarky comments, then yes, very. I've seen his father before, last year when he and Mr Weasley fought. I'd say he looks like his father." She shrugged. "In our first year, he wasn't that good looking but whoa, puberty hit him good."

"Bri!" Elena hissed at her best friend. "Merlin knows you're lying."

"Oh, now I remember who Draco Malfoy is. Lucius' kid, looks just like his father, personality wise as well." Robert shook his head.

"I saw him last week when my parents and I went to buy my books and a new set of robes, he grew even hotter." Brianna casually said, as though there wasn't two adults at the table and Elena sighed.

"But they're awful wizards." Robert grumbled in a low voice. "And I'm glad Arthur punched him in the face."

"Honestly, if Molly wants to murder Narcissa as well, I wouldn't exactly mind. She bores me to death and I still don't know why I have to act like I like her."

"Well mum then ignore her then." Elena shrugged. "I ignored McLaggen and everything turned alright for me."

"If by alright you mean finding slime in your breakfast then sure, everything turned alright for you El."

"It's not that easy honey, you know why." Elizabeth sighed and glanced at the watch she had on her wrist. "Is that the time?"

"You can go love, I'll stay with El and Brianna."

As Elena watched her mother leave, she finally noticed someone staring at her and she sunk in her chair as she recognized him. What on earth is Theodore Nott doing here? In a bloody muggle shop?

————☽•☾————

┌King Princess owns my heart, well what's left of it┘