𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter five | the lovers

————☽•☾————

        𝙀lena sat comfortably beside Brianna, trying to ignore Theodore, who was seated a table away from her. Trelawney had told them that they were going to pull out Tarot Cards today and tell the entire class what the mean up right and reversed. Elena had become excited after that, after all, she did like learning about her future but reading it out loud for the entire class, plus Malfoy and Theodore, to hear? Now that was not her forte. Elena however obliged when Trelawney came up to them, she had just left Harry's table and by the gloom look on his face, Elena knew he didn't get anything good. She looked at the cards, and hovered her hand above them, feeling as though one was literally begging her to pick it up and so she did, noticing that she got The Lovers whereas Brianna got The Empress. Elena was sure if Jake were here, he'd get something that vaguely involved death.

Ron had stood up first, cheeks the color of his hair and when his eyes landed on Elena, she flashed him a smile and gave him a small nod. "I—er—don't know if this is right but I got The Fool." Ron swallowed hard. "And—er—it basically says that I'm intoxicating and extravagant. If reversed, I get carelessness, apathy, absence and negligence."

Ron sat down, nearly falling but Hermione pushed his chair in a bit more. The redhead thanked the girl before he swallowed hard. Harry stood up. "I—uh—have this." He held up his card and sure enough, in big black letters stood DEATH. Elena shook her head, what did Harry ever do to deserve any of this? "And judging by what it says, I have—"

"The Grim! My boy, you have the Grim!" Trelawney gasped out, her airy voice a deadly high pitch and Elena shook her head. Harry isn't going to die.

"Er—yes—the Grim." He said, awkwardly sitting down beside Ron, who have him a pat on the back and Brianna stood up, not bothering to wait for Trelawney. Elena's eyes went momentarily to her seat then to her backside, happy that she didn't see any blood. Now that would've been embarrassing for both Elena and Brianna.

"I have The Empress and up right it means I like action—got that one right you daft card—and then it says something about length of days, clandestine, difficulty, the unknown and ignorance. Reversed, it means light, the truth and public rejoicings." Brianna shrugged. "So what now?" She raised a brow at Trelawney.

"I've never had a student who got The Empress, it always stays behind." Trelawney hummed before she shook her head. "Interesting. Do you perhaps take a liking to someone?"

"Yes, but I don't see what that could—oh, now I get it. It's going to be difficult for me to get him but once I tell the truth I will be in the light?"

"Yes—but no. Anyway, Miss Eve, you're next." Elena blushed, clearing her throat before she stood up, clutching her Tarot Card close to her, ignoring the eyes boring holes into her back.

"I have The Lovers." She whispered and the Professor raised a brow. "I have The Lovers." She repeated, a little louder. "Up right it tells me that there's some sort of attraction, love, beauty and I will overcome trials. Reversed it tells me of failure and foolish designs."

"Odd, Mr Nott drew that card as well." Trelawney said in her breathy voice, waving a hand to Theodore, who straightened up a bit, crossing his arms over his chest and Elena saw a tinge of pink across his stone hard face. She herself blushed when they made eye contact and she quickly looked away. "No two students have drawn the same cards." Trelawney shook her head. "In some religions, The Lovers represent relationships and choices." She shook her head again. "But I can't see any type of connection between you two, your auras—I can't even see them."

"El is a very mysterious person Professor. I don't think I've ever seen her with her undies off." Elena jabbed Brianna in the ribs, really hard and she immediately apologized when Brianna heaved for air.

"Give me your palm Mr Nott." Trelawney ordered the boy, who reluctantly gave his hand to the crazy Professor and she traced her finger on his palm, muttering things to herself before she let it drop and grabbed Elena's. "Very odd, I can't see your auras and I can't find your love or heart lines."

Elena blushed a red when Theodore looked at her. "Uh—Professor, I'm very uncomfortable." Trelawney had eyed her weird but thankfully let her go. She then went into a long explanation about Harry's card, grabbing it and then examined Hermione's, which had been The Sun and Ron's, The Fool, again. She then told the class that it was odd for them to draw positive (reversed or up right) cards when Harry's once literally spelled out that he was going to die.

Elena stole a glance at Theodore, only noticing now how actually handsome he looked. No El, this crazy Professor spewed false tales in your head! Theodore, feeling as though someone was looking at him, turned his head and he found Elena Eve staring at him, as though she was trying to figure something out. Theodore smiled at her and Elena blinked, blushed and quickly looked away.

"Nott! What are you doing?" Draco hissed at his friend, shaking his head. "Her parents might be my parents' friend's but it doesn't mean that Eve is good."

"I was just wondering about our cards." Theodore shrugged, looking down at his card. In the corner if his eye, he could see Elena doing the same and his heart fluttered a bit. What was that?!

"Don't tell me you believe in this knock off things Nott." Draco sneered and Theodore shrugged. He didn't necessarily believe in it, he just thought it was interesting to have a glimpse of your future, even if it didn't make any sense at first.

"I don't, like I said, wondering." Theodore pointed out, once more looking at Elena, who was staring at her card, hoping for it it to turn into something else. She wouldn't mind getting Five Of Rings or Two Of Swords, like Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown, she didn't want The Lovers anymore because Theodore Nott had it and she was sure as Merlin's grave that she didn't like him.

Elena looked up when she felt as though someone was watching her and her dark eyes met Theodore's, who gave her a smile and Elena was forced to smile back. Though she must admit, she didn't know why butterflies suddenly sprung alive in her stomach when she saw Theodore's attractive smile. No, he's not attractive, ugh what has Trelawney done to me? He's Theodore Nott! But then again, he's been oddly kind to me since we arrived. Maybe he does have some good in him. Elena snorted at the thought, once a Slytherin, always a Slytherin. But then again, her mother had been a Slytherin and she is literally the most kindest person Elena had even met, except Cedric that is. Elena shook her head, she's thinking way tooich into this. Theodore Nott is not kind or attractive, he's friends with Draco Malfoy and that made him just as vile as Draco.

And yet for some reason, Elena was having a hard time convincing herself that.

————☽•☾————