review one: The Dénouement

Plotline: I like the fresh take on the romantic highschool trope that is overused a lot here on Wattpad

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Plotline: I like the fresh take on the romantic highschool trope that is overused a lot here on Wattpad. Although I have come across books wherein it's similar in the fact that it takes place in a prestigious academy with rich kids, you were very successful in somehow making it stand out from the others. Especially with the heated meeting of our Mcs. The humor and turn of events really captivated me, and I wanted to learn more, and honestly ain't gonna lie. But I knew from the start Jane Adams is not Jane Adams, not surprised at all. I wish I could say more about the plot but only four chapters were available so it is still a mystery to me about what will happen next but in a good way.

Character development: Now, I was only able to read four chapters, so of course, there isn't much or little to no character development involved. Otherwise, I love your MCs. They're very appealing and feel like dynamic people, especially with their dialogue that seems so natural and realistic. You were very consistent with their character that holds a balance between charming and confident and I like how they aren't snobby, shutting down the "conceited" stereotype surrounding preppy students who attend a prestigious academy. Especially when Clair went to apologize to Jenna, it was a big contradiction from the rumors floating around that she was a "cold-hearted bitch" Your chapters seem a little short but even in those span of four chapters, we were able to take a glimpse into their personalities and lifestyle. Good job!

Grammar and punctuation: Almost flawless! I am thoroughly impressed by how clean your grammar and punctuation is, close to no errors at all. However, I did spot one part in the first chapter where you switched tensing from past to present around the part where Kai kisses her "properly". And you sometimes have trouble with Action tags and Dialogue tags as well. But it didn't distract me all too much, and didn't heavily take away from the overall reading experience.

Writing style: Your use of figurative language is so vivid and runs so smoothly, I adore it. Your descriptions have such a nice rhythm and aren't overcomplex. It's simple, crsp, and balanced while effortlessly painting scenes in my head. I was able to imagine everything with such ease it was like watching a movie with amazing cinematography. Your sentence structures are so easy to follow while still keeping a lovely charm to them as well. And this established a perfect pacing of your story. Not too rushed or too slow, I was entranced to say the least by your gripping writing style.

Bonus: I am a sucker for pretty books. Your graphics are nothing short of aesthetically pleasing and uniform in style as well so it isn't messy, seducing my eyes and keeping me entertained accompanied by your amazing writing! You have a lovely book in your hands, I can definitely see it going places and capturing the attention of many. I am pleased to have found such an undiscovered gem!

Apologies if my review was short. There was not much to critique aside from minor grammar errors and not much to say considering it was only four chapters. Feel free to request again if you have more chapters or if you finish the novel. Cheers!

Rating: 9.5/10

• • •

maybebutunlikely