CHAPTER 17: Red Flashes.

It's the seventh day...

     I thought of as I get up lazily from the bed and do some stretching.

                  Yes, it has been a week since Lindon gave me the cold shoulder. It has been a long, dreadful days without your mate by your side. I remember people saying he-is-near-yet-so-far kind of mushy lines. Honestly before, I don't get those people saying this.

But now, I do. More than anyone else...

    My day-to-day life since that day has been an utter routine. Like I'm some kind of robot programmed to do the same activity every day.

And Lindon didn't disappoint...

    I sigh remembering his own way of dodging any circumstances that we would be together –like the dinner the other day. When he saw me setting the table, he excused himself telling his folks that he have some Alpha matters that needed his attention. So instead of joining us, he locked himself inside the library.

                As long as I'm around the house, sure thing that he would go patrolling –despite he didn't need to— or be a hermit in his beloved library.

                What his doing, trying to shun me and all, hurts –a lot. Countless times I suppressed the throbbing pain in my chest by flashing a smile... to his parents, to Jeric, Luanne or whoever witnessed his avoidance of me. I swallowed the lump in my throat –trying my best not to be in tears— every time I watched his back turning away from me.

                Though hurting, at the end of the day, I cannot find it in my heart to be angry at him. At some point, I understand his intention as to why he needed to do this. And I know that I am the only solution if I want my loving mate back.

And that also means you have to tell it all. No secrets, no lies... remember?

    That's my ever cynical brain, antagonizing.

                 Shrugging off that thought, I proceeded with my everyday routine –starting off with a morning shower. After dressing up my usual attire –t-shirt, faded jeans and a pair of converse— I headed to the dining area for some breakfast.

  Then, I'll be heading my way to Lindon's Mom boutique and spend the rest of my day there, just like what I did for the last six days. Have to go back here before dinner and sleep –and the cycle goes on and on...

       I sighed memorizing the tedious tasks ahead of me. Shaking my head in dismay, I just walk down the stairs.

                Showing myself in the dining area, I plastered a rehearsed, bright smile to Jeric, Luanne, his parents and well, Lindon.

Oh dear. I guess no breakfast for today tummy. I'd rather let you be in a needless diet... than to have some awkward moment here.

         I muttered seeing Lindon happens to join us in today's breakfast. Normally, he won't. During the last six days, he and Jeric should be gone by now and it's only Luanne, the parents and me on the breakfast table.

Sudden change of air I guess.

                I smiled as his Mom gave me a peck on the cheek.

“Good morning, dear. C'mon have a seat here,” she said, pulling the chair beside Lindon.

“Oh no, that won't be necessary. We have deliveries today... so I need to be early at the boutique,” I told her, smiling apologetically.