Test Drive

I got back in the car and put my racing gear in the seat next to me. Next I put the key into the slot and tuned it. I heard the engine roar to life once again right before I waved goodbye to my parents. I backed out of the driveway and accelerated down the road towards a little spot that a know where it is perfect to test the new machine. It is on land that is owned by nobody. I am the only one who is there and over the time that I have been able to drive I made a little track to practice my antics in private. I made it using lots of tiny driveway cones I got from Wal-Mart and repeatedly driving the same way over and over again. It wore away the grasses and plants. After that I would go and find all the rocks large enough to cause trouble. Now I have a decently sized rally-cross track that I would practice in my mom's car on. It is about fifty percent asphalt, thirty-five percent dirt, and fifteen percent gravel and any other surface. When I was sure that nobody was looking I pulled into the field area where my track was. I drove over to the front straightaway and pulled up to the line. I set a thirty second timer on my phone and hit start. After thirty long seconds the alarm sounded and I hit the gas propelling my car down the front straightaway faster than I have ever seen before. before I know it I was in fourth gear and heading into the braking zone for the first corner. I slid through the tight ninety degree turn and was quickly back on the power for he next straightaway which would bring me towards the dirt section. In the dirt I drifted through each corner and then hit a small tabletop jump which followed by a corner brought me onto more pavement. On the gravel I took a much lower speed to prevent sending any rocks into unprotected areas of the car and causing damage. After the gravel was a bit more dirt where I almost slid off rack because my line through the corner was too high.  Next was concrete where I drifted all the way through. the rest of the lap as completely pavement. I did this over and over again for about thirty minutes but on the last lap I slid off the track in the concrete section sending my car into the tall plants. the entire front bumper of the car was covered in grass and weeds. so I spent the next few minutes knocking them off and then plucking them out from the air intakes. I decided to leave the secret raceway and go to the open road. I drove onto my town's min road which had a mix of almost every type of corner in it so I hit the gas and right as I got to the speed limit the turbo kicked in launching my car down the road at breakneck speeds. I quickly got onto the brakes as I went into a corner that was very similar to the corkscrew at Mazda Raceway, in Laguna Seca. I flew through the two sharp turns down the hill at speeds I never thought possible. I drove this way for the next five miles. Each time I hit a turn I thought I would fly off the road but somehow the car stayed planted to the road and refused to let go. I dived into the turn taking me onto the freeway forgetting that there was a a stop sign but I got very lucky because there were no police cars nearby. When I reached the end of the on-ramp I shoved my foot as far it could go making the tires spin, leaving behind skid-marks in the merging lane. As I few down the freeway I saw the little stick make its way around the speedometer 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120. When I hit 120 I looked a bit to the side realizing how insanely fast I was going if you were to blink you would miss the entire overpass you were diving over. my entire surrounding were a blur rushing by faster then my brain could process them.Thirty seconds of pure speed and fifteen more miles per hour later I came to my senses and let off the throttle while easing into the brakes which responded like a muscle when it is commanded the car almost immediately slowed back to sixty miles per hour and I took the very next exit after playing in the lanes a bit. I turned around and decided not to go as fast as I could so I had enough gas to make my way home. When I made it back to my neighborhood I gave in to my temptations and slid through almost every corner leading up to my street I pulled inside the garage and sat there for a minute to try and go back to normal and get used to moving slowly again. I got out of my car, grabbed my racing gear, closed the garage door, and walked inside.