Chapter 13 - Shattering glass

"I'm fine," Alastor pushed away Charlie's worried hand. The Radio demon walked away to the dark hall and disappeared back to his room. Charlie gave the group a concerned glance as Husk sighed and walked to the elevator to talk to his friend.

"Why did Y/n react like that? Doesn't she like Al?" Niffty looked to Angel who rubbed his face in a tired manner.

"Obviously she does, even though she hasn't said it..."

"Then why did she run away?" The girls followed the spider demon to the bar where he went and got a popsicle from the fridge behind the bar.

"Well... ehh... Y/n hasn't got the best memories with relationships," Charlie tightens her grip on Vaggies hand. "Her boyfriend when she was alive was a dick, a real abusive bag of shit,"

"Oh..."

"When she fought back she ended up here, real blood show," Angel peered at the lobby before looking at the girls. "She shot him and when his buddy saw her he shot her right in 'ere," he points to his chest.

"Is that why she's scared?"

"She's terrified of attachment because it started when she became that dude's girlfriend, he never let her leave, made her work for him," Angel sighs and looks away as the girls shift slightly in their spots. "I know you think Al is a bad dude, hell he probably is, but at least he respects women. He ain't an idiot knowing Y/n has contacts with powerful people, she ain't all weak,"

"You think Y/n knows that?"

"I damn sure hope so... that girl needs a good guy in her life... and one without a tv for a head!" The girls chuckle through the dark subject matter. "You guys get some rest, I'll talk to Y/n see how she is an' all,"

"Alright... goodnight, Angel,"

"Night, toots," As the girls walked away Angel took out his phone and hesitated to call you... instead calling Valentino.

~~~

"Uh... Alastor," Husk clinks his booze bottle against the Radio Demons door. "Dammit..." he breathes out. "Uhm-" suddenly the door opens.

"Husker! What can I do for you, my fellow?(!)" the Radio demon pats the cats head making the drunk growl and push away the affection. "Sorry, didn't know you only enjoyed affection from Angel Dust," Alastor leans forward with a smug look.

"Why you- ugh... whateve',"

"So what can I do for you?"

"I just wanted know if you wanted to uhm... talk?" Alastors eye twitches making Husk shift cautiously. "About you know... what happened tonight?"

"Tonight? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about!" Husk tried to walk into the overlords room only for Alastor to spin him around and push him out. "Goodnight, Husk!" The door slams shut as the Cat demon falls onto the floor.

"Son of a bitch..." he dusts himself off before walking back to the door. "You can't keep pushing people away, Alastor! You gotta talk to someone!" The Radio demons friend pounds on the door with his clenched paw.

Alastor stared out at the view of pentagram city his strained red eyes glossy with unshed tears. He ignored each pounding and shout from his closest friend who showed obvious concern. After a few moments passed the noise subsided and was replaced with the fading footsteps of Husk.

Taking a step forward he looks down at the entrance to see Angel on the phone, pacing, a cigarette in between two fingers. A sleek red car decorated in hearts pulled up, it was obvious who it belonged to but he didn't expect who exited; it was you.

You gave Angel a quick hug and talked to him for a brief moment until Vox exited the car and talked a bit, inviting you back in. As the car drove away this sent Alastor into hysterics, every fragile object in his vicinity exploded including the windows; shards scattered every inch of the room. He swiftly took off his coat and laid on his bed, the crinkling of glass under him not bothering the demon at all.

He lay staring at the ceiling between the ripped fabric that draped over the four poster frame. At this moment in time static seemed to engulf the entirety of the room as his eyes flickered between radio dials and his usual red ones.

~~~

"Y/n," Angel took you into a big hug, you of course snuggling into his fluff. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm ok, Angie," he pinched your cheek making you giggle.

"You scared us there, toots,"

"I know, I'm sorry, I freaked and I-... I'm just sorry," Angel sighs and moved away stray hairs from your face.

"It's ok, I'm just glad you came here in person," he hugs you again and prolonged it until Vox exited the limo.

"We should go back, I suspect Alastor is here... the last thing we want is confrontation," Angel narrows his eyes at the overlord.

"You take care of her or I'll blast ya back to earth, clear?"

"Crystal, Angel," The spider nods and comfortingly squeezes your shoulder before letting Vox lead you back into the car. As you drove away there was a high pitched ring and the shattering of glass a few stories above the spider. From the loud noise Angel spins and looks up to see the broken window.

"Who the... oh..." Angel realises the owner of the room and sighs before walking back into the hotel now knowing it was best not to disturb the Radio demon.

~~~

Beep boop

Beep boop

- Anna ❤️