Suvira Chapter

Photo by Kuvira-Protege on Tumblr

So this is an AU sort of thing, I aged up Kuvira just a bit because I know the age difference is uncomfortable for some people (and if it's not read it your way!) also Kuvira was more of a protege to Su, Su wasn't so much her "mother" like in show. Just ignore the technicalities lol. Okay I'll let you know now it is 12k words long, and is explicit in rating. Enjoy.

Kuvira felt herself relax, the song had ended and the tension she kept in her shoulders from holding the pose eased. She kept her chin lifted and poised, a smirk rather than a smile on her face.
"Very good, girls," the instructor said, admiring their finale. "I want to see it even better tomorrow. Go get yourselves cleaned up we're done for the day." Kuvira circles her leg around in the air to avoid popping a hip, she jumped of her podium, brushing off her arms.
"Her Kuvira!" Jei calked from behind, "we're meeting up at Osha's you want to come?" Kuvira considered it for a moment before shaking her head.
"Not today, thanks anyway guys."
"Suit yourself." Jei said, her arm grazing Kuvira's as she walked past. Kuvira shoved her stuff into her bag, wiping sweat with her forearm.
"You should go out with them sometime." The familiar voice of her coach, matriarch and current obsession said, leaning on the table beside her. Kuvira smiled, hoping the redness of her blush would be passed off as remnants of the workout.
"I'm tired, I'm ready to go home."
"See you say that, but we both now you're going to go spar at the range." Kuvira smiled. She knew her.
"You're right. Care to join me?" It seemed Kuvira had caught Suyin off guard, because she recoiled with surprise.
"Me?"
"Yeah, why you think you can't take me?"
"No I know I can take you."
"Good. I need someone way out of my league." Kuvira winked at her and smirked as she brushed past, leaving Su and her thoughts behind her.

"You came." Kuvira said when the matriarch walked up to her.
"Well it would have been rude of me." Su smiled. She smiled. At me. Kuvira secures her gloves to her hands and wrapped her wrists in a protective wrap, a trick Su had taught her now to think of it. Kuvira watched out of the corner of her eye as Su took off the upper layer of her robes, revealing a metal breast plate and much to Kuvira's pleasure-short sleeves. Su's tan arms glistened with muscles, not as much as Kuvira's own, but they were definitely there. There was a marking on the inside of one of them on her bicep, a tattoo maybe? "Enough dawdling," Su said, pulling Kuvira's attention to her face, "let's do this."

Su had to admit that Kuvira was much more formidable than she had anticipated. She felt herself tiring and the young metalbender seemed unfazed. That's what five kids will do to you. She took a deep breath and locked eyes with Kuvira. Since Su had taken the girl in as a child they'd grown apart. It seemed as soon as Kuvira could be on her own she was. Su still saw her, at classes and she was on the guard now, but she was usually on watch during the night. Su felt Kuvira dash toward her, but something was off her feet weren't rooted. She wasn't preparing to bend yet. Kuvira moves to side step, but Su anticipated it and sent her back with column she thrusted from the ground. Su bended her own armor off and flung it at Kuvira, capturing the girl in the chest and pinning her to the ground. Su released a breath of relief and as she panted Kuvira clapped dramatically.
"well done. I have never seen anything like it." Su smiled, impressed with herself.
"Your tough, Kuvira, I'll give you that."
"I'll get you one day."
"I don't doubt it," Su replied, letting Kuvira free and offering her her hand. Kuvira took it and pulled herself up, her muscles tightening. Su found herself forcing down a gulp and shaking her head in attempt to clear it.
"Hey are you okay?" Kuvira asked, putting a hand on Su's shoulder.
"I'm fine, just feeling a little woozy all of a sudden."
"Happens to the best of us. I'm heading into the showers to clean up, I'll see you tomorrow?" Su nodded, Kuvira smiled happily, giving Su finger guns before jogging away. Su watched her go. She felt her face her red when Kuvira lifted up that white tank top to wipe her forehead and Su found herself with her hand to her own. There was something about Kuvira, something that just drove Su slightly crazy. There were a lot of things about the girl that were naturally desireable but Kuvira in particular had peaked her interest. And she was beginning to think it wasn't for the reasons she originally thought.