Chapter 14

-------------------> ANYBODY WHO SAID THAT RAVENCLAWS finished all their school work on time was a liar

-------------------> ANYBODY WHO SAID THAT RAVENCLAWS finished all their school work on time was a liar. Periodt.

In the mornings during breakfast at the Great Hall, it was an increasingly common sight to see books, parchments and ink pots spread out on the Ravenclaw table.

And no, it wasn't for extra-credit assignments or the next months' homework as most of the ignorant believed it was, rather, it was most likely that the Ravenclaws were in the middle of completing an assignment due that very day because they had spent the previous afternoon having a slum-book party (where everybody gathered in the Common Room wrapped in their favourite blanket and occasionally sipping coffee from their customised mug and reading books, sharing their Must-Read lists and creating headcanons all night long), heatedly debating on which shade of white the clouds were that day, discussing unsolved or conspiracy theories and spitting out random facts that they had read forever ago.

While Artemis was in the middle of scribbling down whatever she could remember from Gen's lecture about the Second Goblin War, her owl, Owliver Twist, fluttered its wings and dropped a letter in front of her.

She opened it and her eyebrows furrowed as she read the first line.

Roman noticed her expression and asked, "What is it? What does it say? Is everything alright?"

"My mother says that Charlus fainted," Artemis said reading the letter.

Roman's eyes widened with concern. "Oh my- Is he alright?"

"More importantly, why did he faint?" Gen asked curiously.

"Wait a second," Artemis said as her eyes quickly scanned the letter before doubling back and widening with shock. She dropped the letter, frozen like a statue.

Roman waved his hand in front of her, but her eyes were unresponsive as they stared straight ahead. He turned to Gen. "She isn't responding."

"I got this," Gen said confidently before facing Artemis. "Hey, can I use 2B pencils for shading?"

"Of course not, don't be absurd. Use 4 B or 6 B for best results." Artemis replied absentmindedly before blinking a bit, trying to get her mind to its original state.

"There you are! I thought we lost you for a bit there." Roman smiled. "What got you into such a state of shock?"

Artemis pursed her lips. "Do you remember Dorea Black?"

"Tall, gorgeous and master of castration curses?" Gen asked.

Artemis nodded. "That's her. And you know how my brother has a small crush on her, right?"

Roman nodded while Gen snorted. "That's an understatement." She muttered under her breath.

"Well," Artemis began. "Apparently, when he asked her out this time, she said yes."