Chapter 29

---------------------> ARTEMIS POTTER was sure that she would have hearing problems after Gen let out a loud, window-shattering squeal when she delivered the news that she was going on a date the next day with Tom Riddle of all people

Roman -that traitor- spent the evening alternating between singing off-key "I told you so"s and freaking out that Artemis I-am-not-romantically-interested-in-dating-anyone-but-a-Bulgarian-Quidditch-player Potter managed to get a date by one of the most good-looking boys at school before Roman had asked out the boy who he had a major crush on and had been pining after for years.

"You got a date before me. You," Roman muttered, walking around Gen's room in circles. "How is that possible? You didn't even want a date, so why do you have one while I don't?"

They wisely left Roman alone with his stressful mumbles. Gen immediately turned to her and demanded all the details while simultaneously picking out an outfit that she deemed 'date-worthy'.

Artemis had never been one to call favourites among friends, but on that day, she decided that Reginald was an angel for the sole reason that he had only smiled and wished her a lovely time on her date, unlike Gen and Roman who had gone into a crazy mode.

If Artemis had hoped that the sudden insanity that had possessed her friends would stop the next day, she was sadly mistaken, as it only seemed to increase and she hadn't even been given the opportunity to enjoy her breakfast in peace without Gen cooing over how her "little Artemis was all grown up" and Roman stabbing his food with a knife while whining about how "Artemis is going on a date before me. Artemis!"

The girl in mention sent a pleading look to Reginald who decided to take pity on her and change the topic.

Turning to his girlfriend, he asked. "My mother's hosting her annual ball during the summer. Are you coming, Gen?"

"Yes, but I'll be arriving in sweatpants," Gen replied, only half-joking but mostly curious to hear his reply.

"Oh," Reginald blinked. "Just tell me which colour sweatpants so I can match it with my robes." He told her before continuing to eat and it was at that moment that Genevieve Rhodes knew she was going to marry him.

"But I won't look good!" Gen pouted. "People might laugh at me."

"Gen, sweetheart, as long as you are happy with the way you look and comfortable with what you wear, I'm fine and you should be as well. Screw what other people think."

"Wait," Gen started slowly, eyes widening in dawning realisation. "If you don't like me for my looks, does that mean you like me for my personality!?"

Reginald nodded solemnly. "I know, I was surprised as well." He stated, scooping some fruit from the containers in front of him and placing them on his girlfriend's plate, knowing how much she liked them before awkwardly scratching his head. "So, yeah. I'll RSVP the invites then?"