1 | Too Hot For Hogwarts

Y/N

_

"DON'T FORGET YOUR WAND!" My mother yelled, bolting down the platform like a can of Campbell's Soup.

At least I think it was Campbell soup. I didn't remember the rolling can commercial very well, but I saw it on one of those muggle TVs a few weeks earlier. Maybe it was Chef Boyardee.

Now listen here, I am a generally responsible person, but I'm far too excited to be reunited with my friends to remember silly things like...my wand.

Actually, on second thought, i'm incredibly irresponsible.

"I swear I put it in my pocket," I mumbled, taking it out of my mother's hands gingerly, "it must have fallen out in the taxi."

My mother didn't bother to hear my excuses.

"Yes, well, be more responsible, Darling," she pressed, poking at my cheeks in suspicion, "you have dirt on your face."

"It's not that big of a deal," I urged, bending down to gather up some muggle contraband that had unfortunately fallen out of my cart (simple things, like a Teen Vogue catalog I found at a newspaper stand, which had some boy named Timothée Chalamet on the cover). Hermione would like to judge it thoroughly.

"You need to make a good first impression!" My mother scolded, eyeing the magazine suspiciously, "dirt on the face makes it seem like you roll around in the mud."

I actually....have done that.

"Mom, this is my fourth year," I sighed, pushing her hand away, "I already made an impression in the first."

"At least look presentable, then."

"I would, but I'm already late!"

Planting a kiss on her cheek, I grabbed my cart and began to run towards the brick wall in front of me. It was two minutes till Eleven, and I wasn't going to miss that train for the life of me. My three friends were already there!

My robes blazing behind me, I winced as I hit the wall, the tingling feeling of transparency rushing through my skin. Thankfully, I passed right through. I didn't want the same thing that happened to Harry in his second year to happen to me. At least I didn't have a house-elf stopping me from making the train. As I flung my suitcase off of the cart, I jumped onto the train and started to speed down the hallway.

Call me a Nimbus 2000, because I'm racing past these wizards, but not really fast.

To add onto that, I'm also not very reliable. In my haste to make it to my compartment, my foot got caught on a sliding door and I went flying onto my face. Slow motion falling, a small squeal escaping my lips, and the sound of my body thudding against the carpeted floor as I collided into the ground.

Letting out a groan, I propped myself onto my elbows and tried to stand back up. This was more embarrassing then when when I knocked Snape's cauldron out the window.

"Oh, well isn't she a clumsy Gryffindor," I heard someone say deviously, "she's landed on her face!"

Ew, I thought to myself, dusting off my robes in annoyance, sounds like a crab.

As I stood back onto my feet, I realized I was right. Crabbe and Goyle were staring at me with huge smirks on their faces, probably thinking of other ways to make fun off my fall.

Idiots.

"Shut up," I hissed, picking my wand up from the floor, "don't you two have anything better to do?"