[Chapter 11:]

Throbbing.

The soft dawn comforter did nothing to vanquish my impenetrable headache, neither did the pillow I was trying not to moan helplessly into.

Shit.

I rolled over in bed. The sun peaked through the blinds and it hit me square in my eyes. I groaned and buried my face in a pillow to hide from the bright light.

As I clutched the pillow to my face I took in the scent. It smelt woodsy, but also warm.

And male...

I sniffed it again, and again. Still continuing to smell that wonderful, intoxicating scent. Something was definitely off, I concluded. I slowly lifted my head again and popped one eye open, fighting through the dull pain, to check surroundings.

My bedroom...

I slowly looked around seeing nothing unusual out of place, except for my nude heels, that were lined up perfectly against my wall.

Weird...

My head throbbed again and I flopped back against my pillow. Something was definitely going on, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Something about the scent reminded me of Ansel. At juat the thought of his name, a warm, fuzzy feeling found its way into my stomach. Images of the sultry smile that always seemed to find its way onto his face made me giggle hazily.

Wait...what the hell? Why am I even thinking..

I shook my head trying to clear thoughts. I opened my eyes again after something on my nightstand caught my eye. I squinted grabbing my glasses and popping them on. I hated the damn things, but they were oh so effective.

Clarity overcame my senses ad I looked over on my nightstand to see two aspirin on a napkin and a small glass of water.

How?

I racked my brain, and struggled to remember how they'd gotten there, but ultimately gave up because of my raging headI took a tentative sip of the water with the aspirin left there and sighed again.

Something was very, very off...

And it wasn't just my hangover...

The word triggered something in me.

Hangover.

"Could I make you feel a little less hostile if I told you how gorgeous you looked right now?"

No.

"You are going to stop acting like you aren't attracted to me and....goddammit you are not going to argue with me for the rest of the night or so help me God I will take you over my knee...."

My hands instantly flew to my chest. My hands roamed along the silken fabric of my dress and I sighed in relief. I was still fully clothed. And we didn't...

"Oh my God," were the only words said aloud in the empty room. I couldn't even imagine that.

I would die.

I sat up abruptly. As I looked around the darkened room, I began to remember last night. The hushed laughs, the wine, the couch, the kissing, and the fondling.

I was going to murder Kim.

"Good God," I groaned.

Part of me couldn't believe that I'd actually went along with the whole setup, and an even larger part couldn't believe we hadn't went on a date before...