Chapter 18

You looked for her, but heard from Ginny she went to the library. You went to bed, feeling defeated and alone. Hermione hadn't come in until after you fell asleep, and left before you woke up. She sat with Neville at breakfast, careful to avoid you. She made every move possible to be away from you.

You sat down at breakfast, tired and annoyed. Harry noticed the bags under your eyes. "Problems with Hermione?" He asked. You nod.

"She thinks as I was flirting with him! That's rich. Sorry Ron, but you're really not my type." Ron just shrugged, clearly not bothered.

You watched Hermione glare at you, and sigh. You gaze around the Great Hall, anxious to get Hermione off your mind. Your eyes link with Draco's only for a second, before Pansy annoyingly stole him back. Your eyes traveled and met Cedric's. He smiled, waving. You waved back, then motioned for him to come over. He nods, standing.

He walks over to your table. Harry looks curiously at you.

"Hey Cedric!" You say.

"Please, call me Ced. What can I do for you?" He asks.

You scoot over, making room for him to sit. He does so, with his back against the table.

"I just wanted to know how your arm was doing?" You ask. You notice Harry distracts himself by speaking with Ginny.

"I feel much better. Madam Pomfrey acted like it was worse than it was."

You chuckle. "She's got a habit of doing that. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even feel sick. Just wanted an excuse to leave Potions. Oh! And I've got the note for Snape right here." You stick your hand in your pocket and pull out Madam Pomfrey's note. "Speaking of, I should really bring this to him. I'll talk to you later, Ced." You say, waving him goodbye and standing. You walk down the aisle towards the teachers table.

You finally reach Snape. "Hello, Professor Snape. He's my note for leaving detention." He takes it from your hand, reading it carefully; as if for any signs of falseness.

"It's alright, Severus!" Madam Pomfrey says from farther down the table. "I wrote that note."

Snape nods slowly. You thank him and walk down, noticing you had to pass Draco on the way back to Harry and the others.

You feel his eyes on you before you hear Pansy snarl, "Draco! Stop looking at her!" You chuckle to yourself.

You sit back down with Harry and Ron. Cedric had already gone back to his table.

Breakfast comes to a slow end. Today was Sunday, so you didn't have much to do. Just homework, mostly. "Let's go to the common room, shall we?" The boys nod, following you up a couple flights of stairs. You see Hermione walking with Neville.

"I'll be back, guys." You say, running up to her.