Chapter 56

"Draco?" You asked timedly. He jumps and turns around, seeing you.

His face is drenched in tears and he hurriedly wipes them away.

"Y/n! Hey." He says, wiping his nose on his sleeve.

"Are you okay?" You ask, walking over to him.

He looked away, not wanting you to see his face. You put your hand on his cheek, wiping a tear.

"Come here." You said soothingly, pulling him to the couch.

Draco's POV
I sat in the Room of Requirement feeling my tears drip down my cheeks onto the couch. My life was so stressful. My father was so overbearing, he gave me no freedom. On top of that, the girl who made me truly happy regretted kissing me. And liked the boy who lived. The one boy I absolutely cannot stand.

I stare into the fire, seeing my fathers face dancing in the flames. I hated it.

I hear the door open and my name. I snap up, looking behind me. Of course it had to be her. I immediately wipe my eyes to try to hide the fact that I had been crying. She saw. Of course.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I looked away. I didn't want her to see me like this- weak. She walked over to me, wiping a tear from my cheek.

"Come here." She said. Her voice calmed me. She brought me over to the couch. She put a soft hand on my leg, stroking it absentmindedly.

"What's wrong, Draco?" She asked again. I sighed out. Damn. I felt weak and pathetic. I shouldn't be crying.

"It's stupid." I said. No way I would tell anyone about this. "Don't tell anyone I was crying." I add, because that's embarrassing.

"No- no, Draco. Tell me. Please. I want to know, I want to be here for you. That's what frie-" she paused, as if deciding between two words, "yeah... friends do."

I look into her eyes. She was so persuasive. I couldn't say no. I couldn't let her down.

"My dad. He's just so overbearing and I have no freedom and no future. He controls my whole life and I make no decisions for myself. I have no say in my own life and I'm tired of it. I hate it." My words grew angrier as I spoke. I felt myself choke up and stopped speaking, afraid of bursting.

She looked at me sympathetically. Damn. Her eyes. I could get lost in them.

"I wish I could help, Draco. I'm sorry." She says, frowning. "My parents aren't always the best either. Obviously, not as bad as yours-"

"No." I cut her off. "My mom is perfectly fine. She doesn't approve of what my dad does. But it's not like she can stop him."

She pulls me into a tight, but loving hug. We slowly pull away before she begins speaking again.

"I wish I could express how much I care about you. I can't find words to say it. But I want you to know that."

I give my feet a small smile. It feels nice having someone there for you, that cares. Whether they care about another boy the same amount...

"I care about you too. A lot. More than I..." I struggle to find words. "Would ever be able to say."

She watches me, knowing this is the weakest she'll ever see me. She soaks it all in.

I look up into her eyes, watching her lips form words. I almost don't hear them, I'm too enthralled with her beauty.

She moves towards me, never breaking eye contact. We were inches away. Centimeters. Our noses were almost touching. She closes her eyes and our lips connect. I close my eyes, loving the warmth she brings me.

She made me feel so alive, so in the moment.