Chapter Three

“Niall,” I heard a small voice say behind me as my fingers danced over my keyboard. “Niall,” I heard the voice say again, but this time around it was certain, louder, and commanding. I spun around in my chair, surprised to find the voice belonging to Eleanor; I would’ve thought it was Perrie maybe, just with a very off accent.

            “Hey El,” I muttered and she sighed, looking down at the word document I had kept on my computer, currently with every Allison Murphy that wasn’t my Allison. “What are you doing here?” I asked and she sighed, sitting on the stool next to where the laptop was set up.

            “Well the reason I’m here on Earth is unknown,” she started, smiling a slight bit, as if she thought she could make me laugh, “but I came here, because I heard no one else was since all the other boys are out at lunch and you wouldn’t go with them.” I nodded and she frowned, looking at me.

            “Niall, you can’t make this an obsession,” she told me and I lowered my eyes. “It may be love in the end, but until then, you can’t just spend your day looking for her, if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.” I paused and I could feel Eleanor’s sweet brown eyes on me as I stared at the carpet as if it were the most interesting thing to be created.

            “It’s not an obsession,” I muttered, and she let out a large sigh, loud enough to make me look up at the girl I had known for a while now, a girl who had worked through tough relationship conditions at times; I know I should listen to her, but I’m to busy clinging onto the idea that I’m close to finding her.

            “Ok, it’s dedication,” she rephrased, but that just made it worse. When you’re obsessed you call yourself dedicated so it doesn’t sound as weird, or odd. Dedication is a nice way of putting it, but at the same time it’s a harder hit. “But dedication to a girl you don’t know, Niall, that’s not good for you,” she said, her tone coddling.

            “I thought you said she was real?” I asked and her gave me a small nod.

            “Just because something is real,” she started, “doesn’t mean you should invest all your time in it.” I sighed and a moment of silence overtook us as she waited for my response. “I understand that feel like you know her Niall,” Eleanor said after a  deep breath, “like you love her, and I’m in no position, and never will be in one , where  I should stop you from finding her. I feel like I, since I’m one of the only girls in our core group that I should remind you, that the real world is out there, and your princess might be out there. She may not be Allison, but she might be there.”

            “I don’t-“ I started but she shook her head, silencing me.

            “Just promise me you’ll leave this house and do a something a single, attractive, sane boy who has a shiny penny, or two at his disposal, would do?” she asked biting on the edge of her fingernail, flicking off a chipped piece of white onto the ground. I stayed silent, no reply, I couldn’t keep that promise; the idea that I could be on the verge of figuring out the mystery that was Allison Murphy was to enough to keep to my house, especially since we weren’t recording, and we weren’t on tour.

            “How about I take you right now,” she said a small smile spreading onto her face, “that’s right, I’m going to kidnap you.” I felt my brows knit together. “Oh don’t be so sour about it, it’ll be fun!” she exclaimed, looking down at the clothes I had slept in the night before.

            “First you need to change though,” she admitted, grabbing my hand with surprising strength, as I steadied myself. I felt like I was a sailor who had just gotten on land, an odd feeling in the solid support it allowed. “How long have you been that chair?” she asked and I started to reply but she had already made her way over to my closet.