Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.14

Zhou Tong felt his heart skip a beat when he held Cheng Bi Yu in his arms
it wasn't intentional he did it to save her but he had to admit he liked it quite a bit, no much more.

When she pushed him away Zhou Tong  frowned because of the loss of the sense of warmth but felt even more dejected she abruptly run away and managed to evade him getting lost in the crowd.

But nonetheless he proceeded on. Deng Wu who had earlier ran from the loan shark he owned a generous amount of money after dodging the old man and his men he felt a sigh of relief as he leaned back on a wall but was quite exhausted by the chase  which lead him to scrape his knee and left him with a possibly broken left arm.

Feeling a pair of eyes on him he looked beside him that's when he saw her she was strikingly beautiful far superior to the one's he came across at Le Forte she wore a plain lavender robe which added to her ethereal like beauty they awkwardly eyed each other before he rudely spoke breaking the earth bending silence.

Deng Wu was astonished at her temperament which reeled him in. In the short time they argued and him playfully flirting he caught feelings for her.

Cheng Bi Yu tempted stopped to buy sweets walking back Cheng Bi Yu enjoyed her caramel dipped plum on a stick as the drizzling syrup melted in her mouth when she noticed a crowd gathering around a booth curious she went to investigate.

The crowd had been drawn because of the stellar puppet show happening Cheng Bi Yu  pried her way to the front for a better view unbeknownst that someone is keeping a sharp eye on her.

Zheng Yong on the other hand was back at his courtyard going through some papers when his mind was suddenly bombarded with images of his Advisor, Tang Ying Jie it then accord to him he hadn't seen his second in command since day and it was already noon.

Zheng Yong needed to discuss the matter of Magistrate Ping with both his Advisor and his Officer who was also not seen.

Zheng Yong continues browsing through his paper reaching the last one he orderly discards them preparing himself for a visit to Cheng Bi Yu's courtyard.

Meanwhile Cheng Bi Yu was enjoying the riveting puppet show her only source of entertainment in awhile. "..Bravo!-" she clapped along with the crowd.

[[Host, Zheng Yong is preparing to visit your yard]]

Cheng Bi Yu smiled,"It's fine Poppy. Mei-Liang can handle it-" she dismissed the system but estimating the long walk between here and Jiang Court she left the puppet show behind and got moving.

While Cheng Bi Yu moseyed on her way Zheng Yong walking along the path towards her courtyard stops when a familiar face blocks path, "..Officer Zhou-" he greets the armored youth, "..Preparing to visit Advisor Tang?-"

Zhou Tong removed his palm from his sword handle, "..How'd you know?-" Zheng Yong cocked his brow, "...It's pretty obviously you're walking along the path-"

Zheng Yong clasped his hands, "..Very well then let's go meet him together we've got quite the amount to discuss-" Zhou Tong nods, "Un.." they walked alongside each other, "..Zhou Tong?-" hearing the address Zhou Tong slightly turned facing Magistrate Zheng.

"Un." Zheng Yong pursed his lip, "..Why we're you going to visit Tang Ying Jie?-" Zhou Tong scratched the back of his neck, "..Nothing that I'd  trouble Magistrate Zheng with-"

Zhou Tong nervously drops his hand to his side, "..It's really nothing-" Zheng Yong didn't press further, "..If you say so. Don't act so stiff I won't bite-" he adds, "..Anything you and Tang Ying Jie have is nothing of my concern. That is if it doesn't get in the way of your duties-"

[[Host both Zheng Yong and Zhou Tong are heading to your place right now!]]

Cheng Bi Yu panicked bit her lip she rushed, "...How many minutes left before they reach?-"

[[Five minutes or less]]

"Fuck I'm screwed!-" Cheng Bi Yu cursed she rashly lifted her skirt then broke out into a wild sprint not bothered of her fallen sweets or the scrutinized gazes that followed her following her unladylike running.

Cheng Bi Yu pants like a mad woman running rampant she pushed her body speeding up her pace.

[[Host, three minutes]]

Poppy alerted.

By this time Zheng Yong and Zhou Tong were inching closer and closer to her courtyard they would've reached even sooner if Zheng Yong wasn't constantly stopped by an court officers wanting to start up small talks—the brave ones anyway.

[[Two minutes!!]]

Cheng Bi Yu spotted the back of the wall from where she was she sprinted even faster to get to it unfortunately for her she had to pass a path of nameless people who did an excellent job blocking her way.

[[One minute!!!]]

Cheng Bi Yu's nostrils flared, "..That's it! I've had enough!-" she furiously huffed mercilessly ramming through the pile up of persons blocking her path not caring as they cursed and scolded her from behind for her attitude.

[[Twenty seconds!]]

[[Fifteen seconds!]]

"Dammit!-" Cheng Bi Yu morphed into her cat beast midair as she jumped the wall tugging her clothes in her small mouth Cheng Bi Yu strode her way around where she snuck in through a hidden passage.

Cheng Bi Yu shifts back hurriedly changing rashly slipping on her garments just in the nick of time when Mei-Liang sled open the door coming face to face to the two handsome men.

Zheng Yong was the first to speak, "..We're here for the Advisor-" he informs the anxious Mei-Liang who was especially nervous seeing that Cheng Bi Yu has yet to return she stuttered, "..A-about that M-magistrate you s-see Advisor Tang h-he is..."

Zheng Yong eyes sharply narrowed at Mei-Liang off the bat sensing something fishy furiously furrowing his brows he questions more authority in his tone, "..Where is the Advisor?-"

Mei-Liang broke into cold sweat almost falling to her knees, "—Y-you see the Advisor, h-he is—"

"Is here!—" Cheng Bi Yu smoothly interjects coming from behind Mei-Liang cooly handling the situation. Mei-Liang speechless is both shocked and relieved that Cheng Bi Yu was back she scrunched her brows perplexed as to how she hadn't noticed her return.

Cheng Bi Yu grips Mei-Liang's shoulder, "..Get back inside I'll take it from here," Mei-Liang retreats subconsciously appreciating her intervention, "Un." She slightly bows dressing back she grabs a cloth.

Cheng Bi Yu turned back to both men, "..You're looking for me?-" she braced herself against the frame hooking her lips.

Zheng Yong exclaims, "..Un, we have important matters to discuss if you could hurry along that would be appreciated-"

Cheng Bi Yu steps forward sliding the door closed behind, "After you-" she gestures they proceeded forward  while walking Zheng Yong briefly stopped in his tracks causing confusion among both me striding behind they also paused their movement coming to a stop.

Zheng Yong turned practically staring at Cheng Bi Yu his lips thinned as he confusedly eyes the dangling object in 'his' ear. Cheng Bi Yu shifts under his intense gaze not knowing why Zheng Yong's gaze was fixated on her.

All men stood confused.

Zhou Tong confused as to meaning behind Zheng Yong's abrupt stop and why he strangely stared at Tang Ying Jie. And lastly Zheng Yong not sure if what he's seeing is correct or an illusion.

Zheng Yong cleared the thick air of confusion around them when he questioned pointing towards her right ear, "..Advisor Tang is that an earring you're wearing?-"