Chapter twelve

School ended early due to some national holiday nobody cared about. I sat on the benches by the parking lot as I waited for the others. Just as I was about to text the others with a new phone the pack gave me, I was abused by a blonde girl and two of her friends.

"What the hell did you do to me?" Tiffany growled and I raised an eyebrow. I placed a protective hand over my left pocket where Charlie laid asleep.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't do anything to you." I answered without an ounce of emotion in my voice or on my face.

"It all started when I looked at you this morning. I have felt so empty and alone. Yet, I can't seem to figure out why. All I know is that it is your fault." she rambled as her friends sneered at me over her shoulder.

"Look, I didn't do anything to you. I am sorry that you are not feeling well but don't put the blame on me." I responded, unable to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"You liar!" she screeched and launched herself at me. I hadn't moved from my seat, which I regretted as the nails of her right hand dug into my shoulder. Her left hand scratched marks across my face before I was able to shove her off of me. Her friends rushed me and held me down to the bench as Tiffany regained her footing.

"What the hell is going on here?" a slightly familiar voice asked and we all looked over to who spoke. It was the boy with gray eyes and I could feel my face heat up.

"This has nothing to do with you! Get out of here, mutt." Tiffany spat and turned back to me. I, however, couldn't take my eyes off the boy. It was then that his scent hit me, he smelled like pineapple and mangoes.

"MATE" Lee and Amelia yelled in my mind. When his gray eyes met mine again, his eyes grew wide for a moment.

"Well, I just made it my business. I mean three against one is just unfair. Two against three is a bit better odds." He replied and the more he spoke the more familiar he seemed to be. Tiffany looked at him like he was an idiot and he just smirked.

"This has nothing to do with you, why help this weak fag?" she asked but I was just as curious. His smile faltered as he walked closer and pulled me away from the girls that held me back. He put himself between me and them while they stood there in shock.

"I don't need a reason to be a good person." he responded and his voice sent shivers up my spine. It was so deep and threatening. However, I could feel that it was not aimed at me.

"Give him back! I need to know what he did to me!" she screamed and lunged at the mystery boy. I knew it was cowardly but I turned and ran for my truck. There was no way I could handle those girls and deal with my mysterious mate as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I pulled into my space at the pack house, I released the breath I hadn't known I held in. I climbed out of the truck and made my way inside. I didn't stop until I made it to the alpha's office. I rasped my knuckles on the door three times and entered when a deep 'come in' was called.

"Killian! What a pleasant surprise, what are you doing here? With what happened to your face?" he rambled as I walked in and sat across from him.

"There are some things that we need to discuss. I think it's best if you call the Luna and Kelsey in here for the rest of the conversation." I replied and he turned serious in an instant. I could see him zone out and contact his wife and child. It didn't take long for the two women to walk into the room.

"What is going on?" the Luna, Isabella, asked as she stood next to her husband. A gasp escaped both of the females as they saw my face.

"What happened to you?" Kelsey demanded as she grabbed my face by the chin. I gently pulled her hands down and gave her a tight smile.