Chapter fourteen

Killian's POV

"The moon Goddess has created many things and creatures over the years. One such thing is the Void of Amadeus (A.K.A. Shadows). However, when dark creatures such as myself began to form from its energy, she rejected it. Instead of nurturing the void, she banished it from her realm and sent it, along with the Shayton, to the underworld. To top it all off, she cursed the Shayton further. She turned us into a parasite that cannot survive without a host. We only live for twenty four hours without a host. Many are not so lucky and are sent back to the void. Even fewer are lucky enough to be reborn. There are also many more that are not accepted by their chosen host. If we are rejected, we are sent back to the void as well." he explained and I listened intently until the end. My eyes filled with tears as I understood the pain that they felt. Dalan himself must have lost many friends to this system.

"I did not create the void; it must have been the previous moon Goddess, Theia. She was Killed and I was born in the Godly realm to take her place. Once I was given the title, I created my own realm and lived there with my creations and the guides I had designed." Selene interjected through Samantha's mouth. I was glad to hear that it was not us that did this to them.

"You expect me to believe that you are not the same Goddess that created us? How would I know if it was a lie?" he asked with obvious heat in his voice. It was hard to miss the accusatory tone. I stepped forward and stood right in front of him. His position was guarded and closed off. I knew it would be hard for anything we said to be heard by someone so distant. So, Selene and I put our minds together and placed a hand on each side of his head. We showed him everything we had ever seen from the moment Selene was born to just before we moved into the pack house.

"This is our life, this is our story, and it is not a lie. If you still do not believe me... there is nothing that I can do to convince you." I added and stepped away from him. However, I only made it half a step before I was grabbed by the upper arm on both sides.

"What are-"

"I believe you, it just took me a moment to process so much." he said and I looked up into his cinnamon colored eyes and saw nothing but the truth. Though, I think he only believed us because of his love for Samantha.

"Thank you but now we need to talk about your relationship with Samantha. I can tell that you choose her as your mate. I know that she chose you as hers. However, my other guides have a different mate. We met him earlier today and have not talked to him since. There is also the fact that Carson may not agree to all of this. He has always thought of me as a brother and only just learned I was not human." I responded and listened attentively as I spoke. It was as if his entire world revolved around everything I said. I understood, mates were important in the supernatural world.

"Unlike Samantha was for you, I was with Carson since I found him as a babe. Let me just tell you that he has never thought of you as a brother. He sees you through rose colored glasses. Which is why I had to force a takeover to get the revenge I thought was necessary. No matter how I said it, pleaded with him, or argued.... He refused to hurt you. You could be Satan himself and Carson would still be on your damn side." Dalan replied as my jaw hit the floor. My guides, however, laughed their metaphorical asses off. It seemed they had a bet on whether or not Carson was secretly in love with me. My cheeks burned crimson as I avoided the eyes of the male in front of me.

"Sorry but, there is no way that could be true. I won't say that I know him better but I never got that impression from him." I answered in disbelief. There was no way, he always acted like my brother and nothing more. Even if I did like him, there was nothing I could do when he was the only good thing in my life.

"Maybe I should have him tell you himself? Though, he might have just died from embarrassment. He hoped to keep that fact under wraps after he found out you weren't human. He knew that you would have a mate." Dalan responded in a calm tone and my eyebrows shot into my hairline.

"First of all, I need to return to my own form. Wearing a skirt, let alone one this short is killing my masculinity. Second of all, Unless I hear it from him I won't believe it. I can live with having two mates but I will not have my emotions messed with. For now, I think you should say your goodbyes to Samantha and leave for now." I hissed before I took refuge in the back of my mind. I felt Selene and Amelia as they curled around me and muttered soothing words. Samantha took back over and I blocked it all out.

Samantha's POV

I glared at my beloved with anger in the forefront of my mind. I could feel how upset my host was and it tore at my heartstrings. He only smirked back at me with a cocky smile. It was as though he expected me not to stay mad at him. He may be my beloved but Killian was literally a part of me. I lifted my hand and slapped him across his smugly handsome face.

"What was-"

"HOW DARE YOU?" I shouted to get his attention and by the wide eyed look on his face, I succeeded.

"How dare you hurt him, my host? I can feel his shock, his hurt, and his confusion. I can feel his pain as though it was my own and for all intents and purposes it is. I warned you not to hurt my host and that is exactly what you did. Not to mention how mortified your host must feel! Do you not think before you speak? Did you think that what you said would not have consequences?" I lectured and he looked to the ground like a scolded puppy. He didn't speak for several minutes but I could tell by the blank look on his face he got lectured by his host as well. Good.

"You're right, Samantha. I didn't think of the consequences of my actions, nor did I think of anyone else's emotions. I will be sure to apologize to Killian the next time I meet him." Dalan relented as he looked into my eyes. I could see the guilt he felt as he reached out to me. He brushed my cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Don't forget to apologize to Carson as well. He did not deserve to be outed like he was." I added sternly, though not harsh as I pressed the tip of my finger into the center of his chest. His eyes seemed to darken as we maintained eye contact.

"You know, despite all the bullshit, it was nice to see you again after so long." I purred as I ran my finger down his chest. I couldn't suppress my smirk as a shiver worked its way down his spine. His eyes darkened further as he pulled me to his chest by my waist; and before I could say a word his lips slammed onto mine. Our lips moved together in harmony as we shared a slow but heated kiss. It only lasted a minute but I could tell that I could spend forever kissing those lips.

"I should go before I do something our host's will kill us for." Dalan murmured, his breath soothed my swollen lips. I nodded knowing that he was right, we couldn't go any farther yet.

"I hope to see you again soon, Dan." I replied before I placed one last peck on his lips. We pulled apart and I walked him out of the room. As soon as he was gone, I laid in the bed as I slowly allowed my form to shift back into Killian.

"We have two mates..." he muttered as soon as he was in control. 

***********************************************************************************************

Authors note- 

Quarter Breed: Escape is officially over and the next book is on the horizon. I do want to know if you think the next book should be in third or first person. I feel like it has to many POV's the way it is now. I can always change it when I get around to editing it. Comment your opinions please!