Chapter 5: Shadows

Wing's Pov

"The world was nothing, and then there became an egg!" I started telling Miss Professor about the things I knew about Pokémon existence "emerging from that egg, hatched the God of Pokémon, Arceus! Who holds all elements and created this world and it's Pokémon. For that to happen, it created the creation trio, Dialga: the being of time, Palkia: the being of space, and Giratina: the being of antimatter and shadows. With these three, they make up the universe, but it didn't stop there. More Pokémon were made with roles. Roles that create the land and guide humans. The three guardians of the lake were created to bring Willpower, knowledge, and emotion to humans living in a world that Groudon, who created the earth, Kyogre, who created the ocean, and Rayquaza, who make up our sky, created. Those created for the storms and sun were Lugia and Ho-oh" I held my chin to think of more Pokémon father told me about.

The longer I talked, the more people were watching me dumbfounded and widening their eyes in shock. I named as many legendaries as I could and ended with Mew and Regigias.

"Mew holds every DNA of every Pokémon, thus becoming the ancestor of all Pokémon of the world. Unfortunately, I never got to the point in knowing much about Regigias" I said, "My father is very acknowledgeable about these sort of things" Juniper came to hold my hands, surprising me.

"Is your father a scientist?!" Her eyes were shining "Is all this really true?! How does he possibly know about it?! I must know! Will you tell me?" I chuckled at her curiosity, but sadly I must keep father's secret.

"I am not sure myself. He taught me a lot, but I do not have the answer to that question" I admit. Juniper nodded and backed away, letting me see Blade frown at me, Bianca looking amazed, and Cheren looking annoyed.

"How does your dad possibly know anything about the start of the universe? What proof do you have to make this information valid?" Cheren asked.

"Father would not lie to me" I glared. Blade got in between us to stop Cheren from messing with me further. Juniper cleared her throat to get our attention.

"Let's just get back to where I was. I'm researching when and how Pokémon came into existence. This young lady opened more possibilities of research, which I'm excited for" she smiled at me "May I see your Pokémon I gave you?" She told Blade and the others, who sent them out to let Juniper examine them. Staring at them alone, I just knew they were excited and happy, just like how they battled back in Blade's room.

"Oh! That's unusual! You've already had a Pokémon battle!" Juniper exclaimed.

The idea of battles was very strange to me. I often see my Pokémon do something similar back home, but it was only to let out steam. In this world, people command their Pokémon to battle. I was frightened to see if they would get hurt or felt like this was forceful, but I'm glad they chose to battle and had fun.

"It feels as though your Pokémon have already begun to trust you!" Juniper smiled. Blade looked at me to confirm, which I nodded at while smiling. He smiled and picked up his Oshawatt to hug. What a wonderful thing to experience "As for why I gave you all your Pokémon..." Juniper began.

"It's for the Pokédex, right?" Cheren asked. Blade instantly became excited over the word while Bianca and I were confused. What's a Pokédex?

"I am astonished. Nice work, Cheren" Juniper smiled "You have already studied Pokémon extensively, haven't you?" Cheren fixed his glasses, feeling confident "Still, let me explain everything from the beginning for everyone's sake" she started talking while I got distracted by a strange presence. I left the group and looked around the lab, searching for this strange feeling.

"Are you looking for something?" One of the scientists asked me.

"I don't know. I feel like there's something here" I said.