Chapter 13: Gengar

Blade's Pov

I stared at Angel pretending everything was okay, when in fact it was not "So you're not going to tell me where these books came from?" I asked, pointing at the random books I saw on the nightstand when I woke up.

"Well... You see" she rubbed the back of her head "I didn't steal them! I didn't! I swear!" I was taken back by the way she spoke "I happen to have gone out for a walk and saw this cute little house that had books in it! It's free, isn't it? It said so!" I was too thrown back by the way she spoke that I couldn't even say anything "Blade?"

"Since when you started talking like that?" She tilted her head confused "Never mind..." I sighed, holding my head "You could had told me you were going out"

"I didn't want to wake you" there it is again.

"I'm sure you found a little free library. Those books are free to use and if you want to put your own book in there to share, you can. It's practically like sharing what the other person read before" she put her hands together.

"I was correct then!" She smiled "I want to read these books while we travel. I don't want to burden you with me wanting to go to a library every time we arrive to a new city"

"It wasn't really a problem for me, but I get it. As long as you have room to keep those books, I can buy you some books"

"Buy me books?" She held her heart "What do you mean? Didn't you tell me I should be making my own money through battles?" I chuckled.

"Don't worry about it" I just want to spoil my sister. Is that too much to give? "I'm more than happy to get whatever you want. I'm still going to help you battle, though" she stared at me.

"You've became happy, unlike last night. Have you settled your emotions when thinking of your sister?" I nodded.

"I talked to my mom. She was more than happy to learn that my sister was found" I said, trying not to force a lie since she knew when I did. She ended up gasping and held my hands.

"Your sister has been found?! Really?!" Her smile was bright and excited "That is so great! I am happy for you!" I nodded, happy myself.

"I don't have to worry about her whereabouts anymore" she clapped for me "we can just go on with our journey. I want her to settle in"

"I understand!"

"Want to go get breakfast?"

"Of course! Let's find you the Pokémon gym you like so much!" We left our rental room to have breakfast at a nearby cafe. I watched her staring out the window more than usual and eating slowly.

"Something on your mind?" She looked at the fork in her hands.

"I wonder why I ended up forgetting our language"

"Oh, you mean when I found you?" She shrugged "You've must've hit your head-"

"I didn't know any language growing up. I don't remember how my life was before my father found me and raised me in its world. I'm starting to remember bits and pieces... not about how I forgot many things of this world, but I remember my real father" I almost dropped my fork, making it slam on my plate "Hm?" She looked at me confused.

"S-Sorry, I think I have butter in my hands" I lied "Continue?"

"I must've forgotten language altogether when father found me. Father told me that it uses my knowledge to communicate with me. This orb helped me understand again from your knowledge" she took out her Griseous orb. l nodded.

"That's an impressive Orb but tell me about your real dad. What do you remember?"

"Father had a Charmander who passed away and has been in a depressed state. He wouldn't do much, but always made sure I was taken care of. He gave me money to buy myself food. He didn't trust himself enough to go out there and break down" she frowned "I bought some flowers, and we went together to the Pokémon Tower to meet Charmander together this time. I never went, but he told me he wants to get back on his feet" she closed her eyes "I discovered my gift of seeing ghosts and can communicate with them. That tower is where I met Litwick" Litwick spun around "It is also the place where I first interacted with a shadow. At that time, I met father in human form" I gulped, remembering how terrifying he looked "We didn't interact, or anything, but he ate the shadow and left without a word. I helped my real father settle his emotions by telling him what Charmander told me "She held her heart "That's all I can remember..."