Chapter 2 - Taxi From Hell

*~ Be careful who you trust, because the Devil was an angel once ~*

Chapter 2

"GoodMOOORRRNING!" A voice rang from above me, arousing me from my comfortable sleep. I groaned and rolled over to try and escape the annoying voice that was disturbing me, but it was no use. "Come on Naomi, I made you your favorite!" Maria taunted as I felt the bed dip from her sitting on the edge of it.

My eyes flew open and I sat up and squinted at her to test her honesty. She obviously had already gotten ready for the day since she was dressed in her usual cute clothes and had her long hair in silky dark waves. I looked in her hands to see a plate of three magdalenas. Or as I like to call them, 'Mexican Muffins', since I can never pronounce the real name. 

I grinned broadly and quickly reached out my hand to grab one, but she pulled the plate away at the last second and gave me a scolding look.

"Ah ah ah, not until you get out of bed you lazy bum." She chastised. I groaned stubbornly before flinging the covers off of me and sitting up completely to recieve the mouthwatering delicasies she currently had in her posession. "And get ready. They'll be in the kitchen when you're done." She said with a grin.

"But I'm up! You said I could have them once I got up." I grumbled.

She shrugged carelessly. "I lied. Now hurry up, your class starts in an hour." She said before walking out and closing the door behind her. Just as it was shut, she opened it again and poked her head in. "Just borrow some of my clothes since you won't have enough time to get some from your place." She said before re-slamming the door. I sighed at the realization that I had totally forgot about what happened last night. I had also forgotten that today was the day that Maria and I had separate classes: She was taking a Sociology class while I was taking Social Cognition.

I shuffled through her over-stuffed drawers of clothes before settling on a simple pair of skinny jeans and a thin, gray pullover. In one swift motion, I released my hair from the sloppy bun I had it in over night and allowed my hair to fall into its intended waves down my shoulders. I grabbed my worn out converse and walked out into the kitchen to spend some time with her family before leaving. In reality, these people were kind of like my family, too. They were always looking out for me and asking how I was doing, even her siblings that were years younger than me. Raquel, on the other hand, was more upfront with her love towards me. It's not uncommon for her to  threaten me to move in, feed me until I'm bursting despite my objections, and to randomly buy me multiple gifts and insist I take them without complaints. Hence, I love her to death.

"Oh Naomi, mi amor, you're finally awake!" Raquel said cheerfully from the stove. "Are you hungry? I made some eggs." She gestured to the pan on the stove with her wooden spatula.

"No mamá, le dieron algunas magdalenas!" I heard Maria call to her mother that she had made me muffins from the bathroom where she was probably applying more make up or straightening her hair.

"Oh, bueno. They're probably in the microwave, dear." Raquel replied. I nodded and practically skipped to the microwave where the glorious food awaited me. 

I pulled out the plate containing the three mexican muffins and instantly my stomach rumbled in anticipation. I sat at the table where Maria's three siblings were and they instantly threw me cute little smiles. Rose, my favorite and the youngest of the three, gave me a small wave and a grin that showed her missing teeth before continuing to nibble on her eggs. I waved back  and turned my attention to José when he greeted me extra loudly.

"Ay, Naomi! Can I have una magdalena?" He said with his big, brown eyes as he reached across the table to grab one. I was about to grant his wish when it was interrupted my Raquel smacking his hand with her spatula.