Chapter 12:Paige

I opened my eyes. I found myself resting my head against a firm chest. A large hand was placed under my shirt on my bare stomach. The other arm held me close. I look up to see my mate's dark eyes. "Morning sweetheart." He says, with a wolfish grin as he caught me ogling at his face. His husky voice sends shivers down my spine. "What time is it?" I asked, hesitantly. I watched as his eyes clouded over as he mindlinked someone. "6. Time for my meal." He says, his eyes staring at me. I blush and push him in the chest. He doesn't budge. I try it again. I sighed as it failed. He laughs, a melodious sound that makes me weak in the knees.

I lift up his shirt and examine the scar. I look up to see Liam staring at me. "I was scared that I lost you." He says, looking vulnerable. My heart skips a beat at his words. I couldn't be swept away. It was Ryder's wolf who wanted me as a mate but not Ryder. "I couldn't bear his filthy hands on you." He remarks, his hands trembling with rage. Any other wolf would have bared their neck in submission but instead, his anger made my wolf purr. His arms pull me close so that our bodies are pressed together. Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around his neck.

He plants kisses down my neck, sending pleasurable tingles down my spine. Without warning, I let out a purr of delight. Embarrassed, I push him away from me. Liam laughs and plants a kiss on my cheek. I hold back a smile at his childish antics. "You smell amazing, my little mate." He whispers, his eyes full of amusement. His large hands cup my face and there is barely any distance between our faces. I can't tear my eyes off of his face. His chiseled jaw and my eyes travel up to his lips. I squeak as he gropes my butt playfully. "Don't test my patience, sweetheart." He says, gruffly.

I slap his hands away from my butt and he pouts. I hold back laughter at the sight of my big intimidating alpha pouting like a pup. His stomach rumbles startling both of us. I giggled as Liam's cheeks tinted pink. Even the tips of his ears were pink. I playfully pinch his cheeks. "Time to feed you." I declared, rolling out of bed. He takes my hand and tries to follow me out. I turn to face him. I place my hand over his chest. "Alpha, you need to take a shower. You stink." I say, teasingly. He groans. I walk out and smile as I see him sniffing himself. I needed to stay away from Liam. But he wasn't making it easy.

I walk into the kitchen, only to be greeted by a disastrous sight. "SHIT. FUCK! TURN THAT SHIT OFF!" I heard yells and bangs. I turn around to see Chase and Lucas. Smoke fills the room. I open the windows and shove them away from the pot. After the situation is taken care of, I turn to look at them. They are seated at the table with sheepish expressions. "Luna, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I thought that I was doing well." Lucas says as I raise an eyebrow at them. I smiled. "Just sit here. What do you guys want to eat?" I asked, opening the fridge. I turn my head over to them to see them with their mouths gaping open. "Bacon and eggs," Chase replies, recovering first. Lucas nods.

I start making breakfast when I hear footsteps. Just as I poured three steaming mugs of coffee, I turn to see Louise wearing Chase's shirt with unicorn sweatpants. "Morning." She says, walking over to her mate. Chase chuckles and pulls out a chair for her. I smile and pass her a mug of coffee. She grins. "How's the Alpha doing, Luna?" Lucas asks, looking content with his mug of coffee. I flipped over the eggs and poured myself a cup of coffee. "He's doing fine but his wolf is in control at the moment," I responded, reminding myself to correct them when they called me Luna. I fill a plate and place it on the table.

I watch fondly as Lucas started to bicker with Louise. I envied their sibling bond. They were so close. Chase walks over to me. "Luna." He starts, playing with his hands nervously. I shake my head. "Paige. Please call me Paige." I said, feeling conflicted. Should I tell Chase that I wasn't his Luna? But I felt it wasn't the appropriate time especially considering that Ryder wasn't back yet. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior. I would have done the same as Ryder if my own mate was in the same position." He says, glancing at his mate who was slapping Lucas's arm. I smiled and shook my head. "I'm sorry. I know that it wasn't responsible for me to disobey orders." I said. I understood that we were just worried sick. "I'm so glad that he's getting better." I blurbed out, making Chase grin.

"I'm not too excited. Liam is a pain in the ass." Chase says, cheekily. We both hear a growl from upstairs and laugh. Chase and I settle into a relaxed conversation. He praises my cooking and I flush at his praise. I hear the footsteps of my mate upstairs. Chase scampers off to his seat. I give him a look of confusion. "Alphas are very territorial. Liam. He is very possessive." He explains. He picks up his mug of coffee. He gasps and theatrically holds his chest in mock pain. "Baby, did you just drink my coffee?" He asks his mate. Louise gives him a kiss on his cheek. She gives me a wink as Chase shuts up about his coffee. She had him wrapped right around his pinky. They were perfect for each other.

I hear the door open. I turn to be greeted by the sight of my shirtless mate. Black shorts hang dangerously low on his hips. His broad muscled chest is on display. I look up to see him smirking. "Like what you see, mate?" He says, making his way towards me.

I prayed to the Goddess for mercy.