change of heart

❝ MEET ME ON THE BATTLEFIELD.
EVEN ON THE DARKEST NIGHT,
I WILL BE YOUR SWORD AND SHIELD.
YOUR CAMOUFLAGE AND YOU'LL ME MINE. ❞

"I forgive you." 

Drake stopped abruptly, his eyes widening as he realised what he had done to Kara. The glowing within his eyes vanished, revealing his pair of hazel eyes. He collapsed to his knees, breathing heavily, having had no idea what had taken over him. 

"What ..." 

Kara stared at the son of Perses, hope lighting up her eyes. She chuckled lightly before coughing violently, realising the pain she was in and collapsed on her back as relief flooded her system. 

She knew it. 

She knew that Drake would've never joined End on purpose. She had seen it in his eyes the first time they had encountered each other that he wasn't the same person. Despite everything he'd done, she knew the real him was in there somewhere. 

And she'd done it. 

She'd managed to snap him out of End's control. 

The bright flames around them began to die out slowly, revealing the chaotic damage it had done to the park. Drake snapped out of his stupor, dropping down beside the champion of Chaos. 

"Kara!" He cradled her in her arms. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea what took over me. Last thing I remember is End talking to me and I—" 

"Hey, it's fine. I'm okay." Kara groaned slightly as Drake helped her to her feet. "You were under End's control." 

Drake shook his head. "But still. I had accepted End's offer and had no idea you were Chaos's champion and when he told me that you were the one, I immediately declined his offer but this weird feeling creeped up inside me and I have no idea what happened after that. I would never hurt you. I'll always be by your side. I really am sorry." 

"I know. I forgave you a long time ago." The two shared a smile when the ground rumbled beneath them. 

They turned to see dozens more monsters crawling their way through the giant hole in the midst of Central Park and towards the city. The two champions glanced at each other, a knowing expression on their faces. 

"Just like old times?" 

Both Drake and Kara grinned dangerously, their eyes lighting up. "Just like old times." 

And with that, the two ran towards the monsters, destroying their way through the monsters' ranks with every strike, causing twice as much destruction together. 

↯↯↯↯↯

"You know, this is not how I expected to die, much less fight against." 

Both Natasha and Clint stood back to back, covered in golden dust and panting heavily as more monsters surrounded them. Just when they'd thought that they'd gotten rid of the three gods, more predatory creatures chased after them. 

The archer shot arrow after arrow as they lodged themselves in the monsters' bodies, exploding them into golden dust but there were just too many, and he had run out of his arrows. The two glanced at each other and closed their eyes, ready to accept their fate but the blow never came. 

They opened their eyes to see a red magic barrier protecting them from the creatures and snapped their focus to the right to see Wanda, her eyes glowing red as wisps of magic shot out of her palms and blasted the monsters away from the two agents. 

The two smiled in gratitude at the brown-haired witch. "Thank you." 

Wanda opened her mouth to reply but an ear-piercing roar cut her off as the ground rumbled beneath them, throwing the three off balance. The trio looked around to see where the voice had originated from. 

Their eyes widened and they paled considerably when they saw who caused it. 

The creature's body was huge

A woman's body was poorly grafted with a black dragon with white stripes running down her back. Her skin was scaly as though the dragon was trying to take over and melted-like acid was poured over her skin. 

The three could see massive wings folded against the monster's back. Snakes hissed and writhed on top of her head, her hair a terrifying and venomous salon nightmare. The monster in front of them would be very difficult to get past, much less fight against. 

The trio knew with all their instincts that fighting that thing was a one way ticket to the nearest cemetery. Clint bit back a remark and nudged both Wanda and Natasha in the side and pointed to a half dented car. The two got the message. 

Stay low. 

The three cautiously stepped towards the car to take cover and hide against the hideously, dangerous dragon-lady in front of them when its eyes zeroed in on the trio, making them halt in their tracks and released another ear-piercing roar.