let's yeet and greet

❝ THERE'S NO SURRENDER, AND THERE'S NO ESCAPE.
ARE WE THE HUNTERS OR ARE WE THE PREY?
THIS IS A WILD GAME OF SURVIVAL. ❞

They were screwed.

The dragon-lady's attention was now fully on Clint, Wanda and Natasha, letting out a hiss before lunging at them. The three broke into a sprint, running down the street, the monstrous creature hot on their trail, destroying everything in its path.

Clint and Natasha steered to the side and slipped past a half broken pillar, taking cover behind it while Wanda threw her hands up, her eyes glowing as a nearby abandoned car slammed into the monster, momentarily confusing it, giving it time for the witch to regroup with two ex-assassins.

The three panted heavily, trying to catch their breaths and stay hidden from the creature, but that didn't work out well as a shadow blotted over them and they turned to see the dragon-lady slithering down the side of a skyscraper. It roared so loudly, shattering a thousand nearby windows.

"I'm out of arrows." Clint's bow turned into a bo staff. "But I can distract it."

Both Natasha and Wanda shook their heads but before they could reply, the monster swiped its paw at the building against them and their heads snapped up to see the building collapsing on top of them.

But before it could make contact with them, Wanda created a magic barrier above them, preventing them from going splat.

"Go! I can't hold it for much longer," Wanda panted out as both the ex-assassins broke into a sprint again, running through an alleyway as the building collapsed where they were moments ago.

The two turned to another empty street to get away from the dragon-lady but their attempts were futile since they came face to face with the monster, who let out an ear-piercing shriek and swiped its paw at the two.

They were helpless and Wanda wasn't there to create another barrier to protect them anymore. Just as the monstrous creature brought its paw at the two, it was thrown roughly to the side of the street as a massive wave slammed into it.

Clint and Natasha snapped their heads to the right to see a disheveled Kara staring back at the two, blood gushing from the side of her forehead as her body was covered in cuts, but that didn't seem to bother her.

"Are you two alright?" The demigod asked and the two nodded in response.

The monster began to shift around before its yellow eyes zeroed in on the daughter of Poseidon and released another ear piercing roar, making the demigod squirm slightly at the pitch.

"Long time no see, Kampe," Kara smirked dangerously while the monster growled in response before charging towards the demigod.

The daughter of Poseidon slashed and parried all the monster's attacks but it only enraged it further. Kampe roared in rage and rolled over, attempting to crush the demigod but only succeeded in destroying the lampposts around them.

Kara jumped on Kampe's back and ran towards its head, trying to draw its attention from both Clint and Natasha. She stabbed her sword through one of its wings, causing the monster to screech in agony, shaking the demigod off of itself as she reappeared beside the archer.

She summoned her bow in her hands before turning to Clint and handing it to him, who stared at the elegant silver-blue bow in slight awe.

"Take it. Use it to distract Kampe while I try to kill it." Clint took the bow in his hands before his eyebrows furrowed.

"But I don't have any arrows. How am I supposed to use it?"

Kara smiled at him. "It's enchanted with endless arrows. Just pull the string back and an arrow will appear, already notched. Saves time."

Clint pulled the string back and as expected an arrow appeared, already notched and ready to be released. He turned to thank the demigod to see her already sprinting towards Kampe, dodging past its strikes and stabbed at its leg.

Kampe roared again and slammed its tail at Kara, surprising her and sending her flying back into a building. Clint took this chance and released a volley of arrows that rained down at the monster, impaling themselves in its scaly skin.

Despite being impaled with dozens of arrows, the dragon made its way towards the daughter of Poseidon who was slumped against a wall, still dazed from the blow. Both Clint and Natasha tried to draw its attention away from the demigod but it was no use.

Just then, the monster was hit with an energy beam and snapped its head to see Tony firing from his gauntlets. It roared in rage and slashed at the billionaire. Tony skillfully dodged its strikes, flying around it and blasted Kampe with his beams, only enraging it further.

While both Clint and Tony were keeping Kampe busy, Natasha ran upto check on the still dazed Kara, who groaned as the redhead helped her to her feet, holding onto her arms to steady her while the demigod thanked her.

When Kara finally managed to regain her senses, she turned to see that the rest of the Avengers had joined Clint against fighting the enraged monstrous beast in front of them.

"Uh .... Bad dragon," Tony said as both him and Sam flew around Kampe to distract it while the monster began demolishing and crushing the buildings around it, causing more destruction around them.

Peter swung around it, trying to wrap the monster around in webs while Wanda shot orbs of her red magic at its feet to prevent it from further destroying anything while Thor raised his hammer, summoning lightning as it struck Kampe.

A bright blue light erupted, throwing everyone back as dust enveloped the whole area. Once the dust cleared, they saw Kampe lying on the ground, unmoving. Smoke came out of its skin as everyone let out a sigh of relief, tiredness evident in all their eyes.

But their moment of victory quickly vanished when the monstrous beast began to shift around. Kampe's yellow eyes snapped open and zeroed in on all the Avengers, releasing another ear piercing roar, making them all squirm at the high pitch.

"You've got to be kidding me," Steve grumbled under his breath, sweat dripping down his face.

They all were covered in golden dust and were exhausted from fighting monsters non-stop, but determination lit up in their eyes as they stood their ground despite the tiredness seeping through their bodies.

Just as Kara was about to throw her hands down to summon an earthquake, Kampe erupted in bright magenta flames, screeching in agony as it tried to shake it out of its body but it was no use.

The daughter of Poseidon smiled as she snapped her head upward to see Drake on top of Kampe, trying to and succeeding in lighting the dragon on fire, and trying to keep it busy. Taking this chance, the demigod lunged forward and drove her sword straight into Kampe's chest, causing its whole body to shudder.

Smoke boiled from the monstrous beast's mouth as the dragon's flesh dissolved, and it exploded into golden dust. The two champions grinned at each other, covered in the golden dust from head to toe.