Chapter Sixty Six

"Malfoy, c'mere, you're next," Voldemort says.

Draco gives me a nervous look before taking a few steps forward so that he's standing in front of him. He holds his left arm out without being asked to, and Voldemort puts the tip of his wand on his forearm like he did to me.

"Morsmodre!"

Surprisingly, Draco doesn't make a noise when the spell is spoken. He winces in pain, but his lips remain sealed shut.

"Strong one, are you? We'll see how long that lasts," Voldemort chuckles, pulling his wand away. Like me, Draco has an identical illustration of the Dark Mark etched upon his arm.

"You two can go back upstairs, the adults are talking," Voldemort says, glaring at us on the word adults.

I don't hesitate to grab Draco by the sleeve and drag him up to his room with me. I wait until he closes and locks the door behind us before the tears fall down my eyes.

"This is exactly what I warned you about!" Draco says angrily. "You shouldn't have seen that."

"What was I supposed to do? Watch him make you a Death Eater?!" I respond, angry tears cascading down my cheeks.

"Yes! That's exactly what you were supposed to do!" He shouts. Once he sees my trembling figure, he calms his voice. "There is still so much good in you, Amelia, I'm a lost cause," He whispers.

"No," I whisper. "If you truly were evil, you wouldn't have tried to save me from this fate."

He laughs coldly. "I failed, didn't I?"

"No," I say, shaking my head. "Because we are going to get through this together. I would never make you do this alone," I whisper, intertwining my fingers with his.

I don't know how long we sat in silence for, but the next morning I wake up on his bed. Both of us are on top of the blankets, not underneath, with our day clothes and shoes still on. We lay in a spooning position, with our hands still intertwined.

"Draco! Amelia!" My mother calls from downstairs.

"Ugh — what time is it?" Draco asks groggily, releasing my hand from his grip and rubbing his eyes. I open my eyes as well, nearly blinding myself from the stream of light through the window.

"I'm not sure," I mumble biting my lip. "My mother would like to see us though."

The two of us walk downstairs, anxious and sleepy from the terrifying events of yesterday.

"Oh dear, why are you still in your day clothes from yesterday?" My mother asks in a judgmental tone before clearing her throat. "Never mind that. Narcissa and I have something important to tell you."

Narcissa smiles. "You two will be married! We've set the date for until after you two have graduated Hogwarts, but we thought you two ought to know!"

My mouth opens. "M-Married? To Draco?"

"Why of course. I'm surprised you haven't anticipated this. Two purebloods around the same age, it's only meant to be," My mother says.

I shift uncomfortably from where I'm standing. "But —"

"Thank you, Mrs. Grey," Draco interjects politely.

"Of course, Draco. Call me Edeline!"

******

The rest of the Summer was painful. Draco and I were forced to sit in on the occasional Death Eater meetings, hosted in Malfoy Manor. Most of the time they talked in low voices so that we couldn't hear their plans.

Because of this, Draco and I were never truly informed of what was happening with the Death Eater's and their plans for the future.

One day, towards the end of Summer when our sixth year at Hogwarts was just two weeks away.

"The Dark Lord requests your presence," Narcissa says one day, knocking lightly on the door. Just minutes ago, Draco and I were having a heated make out session.

We've resorted to sexual affection a lot nowadays, anything to distract us from the realities of the world.

Draco looks at me nervously before standing up. He puts out his hand for me, which I nervously take.

"Don't be nervous," Draco whispers, rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb. I can tell he is just as nervous as I am, however.

"I'm not nervous," I lie, tightening my grip on his hand and walking downstairs with him.

Voldemort is seated downstairs once we arrive. His eyes instantly travel down to our intertwined hands and he looks confused. "You two are . . .?"

"We're betrothed, my Lord," Draco says quietly, releasing my hand from his.

Lord Voldemort purses his lips but doesn't say a word. "I have a special request for the two of you this year," He says mischievously. "Sit down."

Draco and I sit at the table in front of him. I wrong my fingers together nervously and Draco jiggles his leg up and down nervously.

"I would like you to complete your sixth year of Hogwarts," He begins. "While you complete your studies, I need you to repair the Vanishing Cabinet, can that be managed?"

"Yes, my Lord," Draco says.

"I would like to hear from the girl as well."

"Yes," I say, without looking at him. "Er — my Lord," I quickly add, my voice shaking with nervousness.

Voldemort looks appeased. "I ask of you two one more small task as well — to kill Dumbledore."

"I — what?" I ask, shocked.

"You heard me correctly. That foolish man will never expect his own students to betray him. Severus is aware of your task as well, and he will guide you. Am I understood?" Voldemort clarifies.

How can Snape help us? Isn't he a part of the Order? Who is Snape really working for?

"Yes, my Lord," Draco and I say at the same time. We exchange a look but do not say a word.

"That is all. You two are dismissed. Amelia, my dear friend, please tell your mother I would like to meet with her as well," Voldemort says, a wicked smile building on his face. "Don't worry, darling, I won't kill her — yet," He says after seeing the panic on my face.

Draco and I leave quickly and I tell my mother about Voldemort's request. She doesn't seem surprised and quickly goes to where we just were.

My heart feels like a thousand kilograms — I have to kill Dumbledore?

—-
:( Amelia and Draco bby aw

I will be taking a short break from writing from now until Saturday 10/24 the LATEST. I will probably resume writing before then.

UPDATE: it's been 20 minutes and i already started the next chapter oops

Have a lovely day :)