Chapter 31 - Ocean

It's good to have great clients. Like Amy and Madeline. We're just finished choosing the dress for Meredith's premiere. I need to dress them accordingly. Madeline as Mrs. Hall and Amy as Tony's girlfriend, the media aware of Tony's friendship with Meredith, tried to link them romantically a few times. Now with Christian Hall in the picture it's clear that Mer and Tony are friends. But they will always want to make a new drama. So I need to make Amy appear elegant but not too much. I don't want people to see her dress and think of her as 'she's trying to out-stand Tony's ex, Meredith'. Not that Tony and Meredith ever together but you know paparazzi. Some of them can be great script writers if they wanted to. That's why I choose a black dress so she can appear elegant, sexy but not too much.

As for Madeline, since her pregnant body doesn't include her other body parts except her tummy (I know it's not fair right) so I give her a dress that shows her perfect figure but expensive because that's what people expect from Mrs. Hall. She needs to maintain her profile, especially now when she just married to Ethan Hall, a young billionaire. If it was 10 years after their marriage, she can wear anything no one will comment.

"What about you?" Madeline asks.

I shrug "I still don't know if I could make it or not"

"You're worried about Charlene?" Amy asks.

I nod "Drew is going to the premiere so I think I should stay home. Even though I really want to go" I smile.

"Hey, what if you asked one of your staff or maybe the nanny to take care of Char. Just for the night. I think it's fine" Amy says.

"Um... let me think about it"

"Wait a minute. It's not about Char I think" Madeline narrows her eyes at me. Shit! She is always sharp.

I look away.

"This has something to do with Drew right?" Madeline looks at me meaningfully.

"Um... no" I say.

Madeline gives me a look "spit it out Ocean" she says.

I exhale "it's just.. um... things will be super awkward if I go with my date and he goes with his date. But we come out from the same place. You know" I grin vulnerably.

They frown like I'm stupid or what.

"Wait, let me make it clear. You're not going as Drew's date?" Madeline asks slowly.

I shrug.

"But... he told Tony he'd ask you," Amy says.

My eyebrows jump. "He did?"

Amy nods so does Madeline. "He told me too"

"I.. um I didn't know" I say dumbly.

"Well maybe he thought of course you'd go with him. Since you two are living together" Amy says.

"But he has a date. It's not nice for him to ditch his date"

"He has?" Madeline blinks.

"Yes Mads. He went to NY for date"

"No way" Madeline laughs. "He told me his main focus now is you and Charlene. Well his precise words are for now, Ocean and Charlene are my main focus. Everything else lined up behind them. Because they mean the most to me"

I blush.

***

I wait for Drew to come home. Tomorrow is the premiere. So I need to make sure what Amy and Mads said earlier.

And my heart thumps wildly waiting for him playing with Char and her new toy from my brother. Zac is always the extravagant one. Gave Char a big castle toy house. I have no idea what was on my brother's mind.