Chapter 37

"Ananya" he whispered in her ears making her more restless. For a moment they stared at each other. Ananya's face was looking terrified.

Arjun started laughing. She pushed him.
Her eyes were still waiting for him to explain.

"I don't love anyone. Still searching for her." He uttered in between his laugh.
Ananya was still in shock. She was unable to reply for a while.

She took a deep breath.

Thank God it was a prank. Don't know how many hearts was going to break today if it wasn't.

She tried to smile back controlling herself.

"You scared me, today. Though if you wouldn't laugh then also I won't believe it. And honestly, love is not something for me to believe anymore."

She said looking lost. Arjun kept staring at her lost face. Sometimes Ananya looked stranger to him. It felt like she has kept so many things with her secret. Is Rahul the only reason for her to build up a wall around her?

"Bye. Good night."

"Good night"

After Ananya left Arjun leaned back on his car. A sudden frustration gulped him. He kicked the tire of the car. Why was everything so complicated? Since childhood complications had never left his way. And now when he had started loving someone there was always a barricade coming between them.

He left it in his car.

Thank God Arjun it was a prank. Thank God that I am not the one you love. It's better to not love rather than to love me. Thank God you saved me from getting embarrassed. Thank God that you saved me from doing the crime of breaking the heart of a nice person like you.

Ananya entered her flat. On entering her room a pillow came running towards her face hitting her.

"Idiot" Neha groaned.

"Hey, what happened?"

"Idiot. Anu, I will never forgive you for sending me with that idiot."

"Vishal. His name is Vishal."

"Whatever. I don't care. Acha tell me one thing what private thing you were discussing that you send me with that Missile."

"Not missile, Vishal. Do you really can't remember his name or deliberately doing it?" She asked dancing her brows.

"I don't wanna take his name."

"But what's the problem? Did he do something to you? Tell me."

"Nothing. Just taunted the whole way." She said keeping the last sentence in a low voice.

"I am going to get fresh. Once I came back you have to tell me what secret you are having."

She sat down on the sofa. His words were still ringing in her ears like a siren like they were still trying to give her a warning of something which she can't see with open eyes.

Who told you to ask him those? For once it seemed like he is saying the truth. But his laugh saved it all. Deep inside she felt an emptiness which was a little strange for her.  After her engagement broke she stopped thinking about all this. She tried to think that she was above all this, love, lovers, and relationships.

No, she doesn't hate love or have any bitter feelings for those lovers who take pride in having true love in their life. Well, how can she when she is the daughter of a person who in her whole life tried to make people believe that love exists? But she doesn't believe her fate.

*****

"And you said you don't love her, are you serious man?"

Vishal couldn't hold himself from bursting out. He and Arjun were sitting beside the pool enjoying their drinks.