Chapter 40

Ananya's p.o.v.

"Ouch," the sunlight attacked my eyes as soon as they got a chance two enter once I opened my eyes. I closed them to adjust my vision slowly and opened them. It was getting tough for me to raise my head. The whiteness of the room through my blurred vision was questioning me about my whereabouts. Am I in heaven? oh god, am I not alive? My heart skipped at my terrible thought. After covering the room again I cursed myself inwardly and felt relieved that I'm not dead at least. 

But where the hell I am? Butut noticing myself in some aristocratic stranger's aristocratic room a slight fear again escaped my heart. Oh no, am I kidnapped? My virginity! I hurriedly checked myself under the quilt. No, I'm still in the gown I wore last night. Last ni.

My eyes got stuck on a photo frame of a kid sitting in the lap of a beautiful woman. Both of them were smiling joyfully. Adorable! A smile automatically escaped my lips. Pills were being kept by.. by? I see my kidnapper is caring. Without wasting no time I gulped the pill with water. I felt I'm getting back to my sense. I got up. A glass door caught my attention getting me to reach up to it.

With lazy steps when I opened it a gust of fresh air consumed me. I got glued experiencing the view in front of me. God, it's heavenly! The morning sun has bloomed over the sea. The water seems to catch fire as the sun's rays danced over the stream. Cool breeze caressing nature perfectly. I wish I could wake up with this every morning.

Suddenly I realize that it's not my house. I was at that party, right? And memories came crashing down making me get into the real world.

Party... anniversary...Dib...

The more I started turning those memories my ears started burning. I got frozen. What could be worse can happen in a day. Firstly a bitter past came standing right in front of me and to add to that I ended up in Police Station. How ridiculous I can be! I fall to the ground in frustration.

How could I spit such words on him? My bloody mouth. I covered my mouth with my both palm in shock. I didn't even wanna talk to him and here I said those in front of everyone. My mind was not ready to see him like that but...

And the police station! Not in my whole life I could think of myself like that. A mixed emotion of anger, pain, and embarrassment engulfed me. I hugged my both knees when I felt a pain in my legs. As I searched I found a bandage. Now who did this? Arjun. I banged my head with my palm. I even troubled him for my purposes. And slowly all the after-party incidents came running to me. Don't know what he is thinking of me. How irresponsible, the spoilt child I am. He not only saved me but let me stay here. Though I can't remember how I came into this room, I just can memorize that I came into this house, he took care of me, no nothing more. Everything was so hazy for me.

I jerked up to leave but I stopped and looked back in the balcony. Did I come to this balcony yesterday? Don't know. I got out of the room and came downstairs.

I saw Arjun sleeping on the couch and there are some broken stuff stuffed in the corner. Now who did this? Wow, this man is messy.

I got close to him. He was sleeping soundly making an innocent face. I smiled at myself. My mind was filled up with heavy emotions still I don't know how his innocent sleeping face made me smile. He just looked like the child in that photo frame. But who was that lady, his mother? I never realized when I have kept one of my palms on his forward. I got up. I should leave. But it would be bad if I left without telling him. But I need to leave.

I took a pad and a pen from the central table.

Dear Arjun, I am so sorry for the last night. I know I troubled you so much. Please forgive this friend. Words are not enough to say thank you for the way you took care of me last night. I have to leave now. Dadi will be worried.