Imani

Bang. Bang. Bang. 

Stirring up from my sleep, hoping that Kenya was still sleep. Bang. Bang. Bang. Where the hell is Maliyah and why she didn't get up to get this fucking door. 

"Who is it?" I finally made it to the door. 

"Open the door Sweets." Naim said through the door. I knew it was him because nobody else calls me Sweets. Why is this man here?

Opening the door. "How can I help you Naim?" looking everywhere but at his fine ass.

"Sweets we need to talk so we gone do it now." Naim demands. 

"Ny, we do need to talk but I will do the talking and you can leave after." I don't want him meeting Kenya, especially not like this. That's not cool. Plus I don't know if he heard what he mother said. 

Naim started laughing and it caused me to look him upside his head. I didn't say shit funny so why was this nigga laughing was beyond me. 

"Sweets you not about to boss me around. You got a nigga like me fucked up and you should of already knew I wasn't on that fuck shit. Where is the beauty I keep hearing about? Oh wait you didn't think I heard." Naim start laughing again. At this point I have a damn attitude. What the hell did he think this was. 

"Look Ny, I want to apologize for not allowing you the option to explain to me what was going on that night. I saw you with shorty and ran off. I never thought that you would hurt me like that. We said so many times that cheating was off the table for the both of us and there you were. I was coming to apology about the argument we had earlier that day. I was having a day especially it being so close to Big Mama's death day. I was taking my emotions out on you and that wasn't supposed to happen. Then you was there with her and it sent me over edge. That was the first year out of several that I had to celebrate Big Mama's life without you." I said trying my hardest not to cry. But the tears fell. 

The look on his face told me he didn't even remember us arguing that day. This shit is so damn sad. I lost my best friend for al these years. OMG. Naim grabbed me up on his lap and wrapped his arms around me. I just cried. I lost myself more and more after that day and look at me now. 

"Sweets why you crying, what's wrong with you?" Naim asked. 

"M y life is spinning out of control. I don't know if I can get a grip on it. Naim we had a misunderstanding that caused me to lose my second best friend and myself. Then look at me now, I'm a single mother to a child and I didn't even have a great relationship with my mother whenever she was around. I got finals coming up and I'm still not where I want to be. I'm losing it." I cried harder.  

See, Yall I crumble when it comes to be around Naim. I'm so used to breaking down and telling my problems to him. Do yall think it was easy to leave the one person who knows me inside out and try to move on with your life, that only left you hurt more? Naim is my safe haven and I don't know what I'm going to do because it feels so good being in his arms again. 

Moving to get out out of Naim's arms but he held on tighter. I needed create distance between us because Baby girl was acting up and I don't need to cross bridges I'm not ready for. 

"Ny I have a long day ahead of me. Thank you for coming over and for allowing me to get things off my chest. We can't do this." 

"Do what Sweets? I'm only holding you close that's it. I'm not doing anything that you don't want me to do. But I will let you go. I have things to take care of anyways. So, I will see you around Sweets. And don't be a stranger." Naim said letting me go and walking out the door. 

"Mommy who was that and were is Auntie Liyah?" Kenya came out the room asking. 

Save by the bell. I didn't know she woke up and Naim just walked out the door.