Chapter 176 - Red Desert (3)

Red Desert (3)

7.

The Wood Devil’s body was made out of rocks, trees and dirt.  It was starting to disintegrate.  At first, the heaviest stones fell to the floor, and from where the stones were dislodged, soil started to flow out like blood. 

On the surface of the Wood Devil’s body, armored Skeleton Warriors were stuck to it.

They held onto the thick wooden branches protruding from the Wood Devil’s body with their left hand, and they tirelessly stabbed with the blade in their right hand.  The Skeleton Warriors’ work made the Wood Devil’s body looked ragged, and it was being turned into a mess. 

The one to launch the strongest offensive attacks was the Death Knight, who faced the Wood Devil head on.

Koong, koong, koong!

Each headbutt of the Skeleton Steed made the Wood Devil lose its balance, and the Death Knight used this opportunity to stab its sharp blade into the body of the Wood Devil.

The Death Knight’s attack was very precise, and it attacked the whole body. 

The Death Knight used decisive swings to attack the neck, chest and waist of the Wood Devil.  The attacks varied, but the damage it caused was consistent.  It kept stabbing and slashing at the same locations.  The Death Knight looked like a skilled lumberjack using an axe to take down a large tree.

Koong!

In the end, the large body of the Wood Devil fell to the ground from the continuous assault. The fallen Wooden Devil didn’t even twitch.  Its devil-like visage was gone.  The Wood Devil’s corpse looked as if it had been impacted by a typhoon.  The stones, woods and soil was spread around everywhere as if it had faced the teeth of the wind.

Two Users were staring at the sight with a blank expression.  It looked as if their souls had been sucked out.  They yelled out at the same time.

“My level just increased!”

“My level went up.”

The battlefield had been filled with the sound of swords, roars, and the unique bone clacking of the Skeletons.  Now the battlefield started to be filled with the voices of people.

“This is incredible.”

“I heard the Wood Devil gave out a lot of EXP, but I never expected it to be this much….   It is only a mid-sized monster, but it has the EXP of a large monster.”

“It just took 2 days to increase one level.  If we maintain this speed, maybe we will be able to catch up to the First One?”

“I thought the Wood Devils aren’t supposed to be this easy to take down?”

“Don’t you have eyes?  Numerous Skeletons continuously attacked it, yet it lasted for over 10 minutes.  It was this short, because we are talking about the Hahoe Mask-nim.  I bet over a dozen ordinary Users would have to attack to defeat it!”

“It is what it is.  So why are you getting angry at me?”

“I didn’t get angry at you?”

“What the hell was that bullshit from before?  Was it some kind of a hysterical fit?”

“Hey!”

“What?”

The noise around him was quite loud.  It was funny, but when he heard the bickering, he understood how a certain woman felt.