chapter 4

In the morning I looked under the matte and saw another pair of clothes, get up bath and get dressed though, through out I heard whisperings from the leaving room I guess. Going out I met the lady from yesterday but today her outfit was that of a royal.

That explains why the old man bows to her and address her as her highness.

Sitting on a chair and put her left leg on a stool with a sword, she looked at my confused face and smiled a little and spoke"how about you sit and let me introduce myself, I am the king of this land, am called the king because am intersex and today is my coronation day, at least it's supposed to be. But I can't mount the throne without having a wife. Am not yet married because am the first person born like this in the history of Kolkata, many people see me as a monster most especially when I had secretly followed my father to the war ground at the age of 15 and killed so many without any bit of mercy on my face, and since then I have been seen fit for the throne but now mothers are afraid of offering their daughters hand in marriage to me with the believe that we might end up given birth to a much more worse demon than me and today my brother is going to be crown king because he's married".she finished with an emotionless face but she soon remember some thing and looked at me"my name is Jhangiani Akhlaf" and this time she smiled. "But were I come from intersex people are not seen as monsters in fact people look at them like special being and are rushed in aspect of marriage" I concluded.

"Well those one's are lucky then" she mumbled under her breath and face me again." Mumbai is in a country far away from here, like opposite from this land and to get there the person will have to travel on the sea (am using sea because the distance is very far) and its very dangerous, if maximum of 20 people travel only three is guaranteed to survive and get there, which is why it's a taboo. Which is surprising because you get here without being on a ship and the other places you mentioned are only mentioned in a book here only for the royal family that knows about them" she finished.

Wow am in the other part of the world unknown to anyone. I should be panicking right but for some reason am not. And then that sound again my stomach.

Mr panditmari gave me food and told me to eat in my room he wants to talk to the king and this time I bow like Mr panditmari and left the room. After eating noticing that the whisperings were high pitched and angry I decided to eaves dropped on their conversation." How do you expect me to ask her to be my wife,you know outsiders are not allowed to have any relationship with the Royal family and you want her to become the queen and besides she came here by mistake what made you think she will want to stay here" I heard her said. "But your majestie we both know Sabarwal is only going to bring this kingdom to ruins, the kingdom will fall and our ancestor will be forgotten" Mr panditmari said.I looked at the king and her face hold so much anger like she wants to kill someone. And then I decided to step out and face them." I jump into the river because my life was at risk and am very sure no matter where I run to my ex husband will find me but here I feel so free and save. You your self said it's impossible to get here and vice versa but am here now which means even God himself send me here and if the only way to thank God for saving me and for you to save your people then am ready to marry you" her face was so priceless right now and for a second I thought I render her speechless before she spoke again." It's not that easy, firstly you will have to become a Muslim and to be the queen is not only to be my wife but also to rule side by side with me to stand in my place if am not available. Politics here is very different it took me 20 years to be able to understand how politics work the corrupt ways and the right ways how are you going to learn that in the short period of time"she finished and looked at me with concern and I knew she was worried but am sure I can handle it and that's exactly what I told her.