Chapter 28

**haaaaaaayyyyy. :) hope you're ready for an update! :D I just want to thank everyone for reading this! You guys are amazing and I loooooove you! Xoxo**

*Sydney's POV*

3 days.

It has been three days since I've left my house. Yes, I have showered and eaten. I'm not going to let my self go, even though on the inside I want to. I have to stay strong, for Niall. I feel like if I stay strong, some how he will too.

All the boys have called, texted, tweeted, me. Even Eleanor has tried. I just ignore them because I know what they're going to say. But I would never be able to live with myself if I, me Sydney, was the cause of the end of One Directions and more importantly my true loves, career. I just wouldn't be able to.

I've tried avoiding all of the interviews about the boys on tv, but they're everywhere. I know they're back in LA. So I have the chance of running into them if I ever go out, even though its very unlikely. LA is huge.

I've also stayed off twitter because I know how twitter is and I'm sure it's everywhere now. I just lock myself in the house and avoid people.

The only person I've talked to, besides my mom, is Amanda. I haven't seen her since my birthday, almost a month ago. I found out after Christmas she's done with her classes and she's moving back here. That's the only thing I've smiled about in three days now.

I seriously don't know what I'm going to do. I know I can only 'stay strong' for a little while, before I have a melt down. Surely this is not healthy.

I hear a knock in my door and the my moms voice. "Syd? Can I come in?"

"Yeah." I answer her.

"Hey sweetie, how are ya feeling?"

"Okay, I guess."

"Well that's good. I was thinking you should go out, get some fresh air. It might be nice."

"Mom, I-I just don't know. I don't want to go by myself and you have work..."

"Call a friend, darling."

Oh God. Niall called me darling.

I immediately begin to sob.

"Sweetie sweetie what's wrong?" My mom asks.

"Niall....used...to...call...me...darling." I say in between sobs.

She just rubs my back and calms me down. "Shh. Sydney. It's okay. It's okay."

I feel like such a little kid, but I don't care. Being curled up in my moms lap and crying is what I really needed. Sometimes crying is the best thing for a girl to do.

"So what about calling a friend?" My mom asks, moments later.

"I guess I could call Bailey, I haven't talked to her since my birthday party."

Bailey was quirky and fun, maybe I could have an alright time. Get my mind off things. I decide to call her after my mom leaves.

I grab my phone and dial her number.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?" She chimes.

"Hey Bailey, I was wondering if you're free today? I've been really upset the last few days and I just need a friend."

"Yes, yes, I am free. You can tell me when we meet. Starbucks in at 1?"

"Sounds good, thanks."

"You're welcome, see ya soon. Bye."

Click.

It's 12 now, so I need to shower. I run to my bathroom and take a quick shower.

Once I'm done with that I throw on a oversized t-shirt, some leggings, and uggs.

Next I do my hair. I just dry it and leave it curly, pinning it back in a few spots. I decide to put light make up on so I might add some color to my face and maybe no one would notice that I haven't been outside in three days.

Once I finish getting ready I check my phone. 12:45 on Friday of November 16. 4 days since I've seen him and 3 days since I have arrived home and never left.

I run downstairs and out the door, to my car. I begin my long journey to Starbucks. Nah, just kidding. It's like ten minutes away.

I arrive at Starbucks a little before 12, but I spot baileys car so I know she's here. I get out and walk into Starbucks.

"Syd!" I hear Bailey squeak, running up and hugging me.

"It's good to see you." I say with a half smile.

"You too. And you don't look like you've been down, you look great. I wish I could pull off the whole t-shirt-with-leggings-and-uggs-thing but I can't."

"Pfft. You like great too and thanks."

"You're welcome, now lets get some coffee."

We wait in line until the cashier takes our order.

I order a cinnamon cappuccino with extra caramel. That sounds really good right now.

Not long after the lady hands us our coffee and we find an empty table to sit at.

"Sooo. Tell me what's wrong." Bailey insists.

I really didn't wanna talk about it, but maybe it would help. Idk.

"Well...Niall and I kind of broke up." I say. Just the mention of his name makes me want to run out crying.

"What?! Oh my gosh! When? Why?"

"Uhm, Monday. I flew back Tuesday morning and arrived here that evening."

I also told her why and about all the management bull shit.

"I swear. Their management are some cruel people. Do they not have hearts? So what if sales are going down. They didn't make Louis break up with Eleanor, you shouldn't have had to do this. It's complete bs!" Bailey says with anger. I've never seen her angry.

"Yeah. It is." I reply. I don't really know what to say. Honestly I just want to go home and sleep. That's how I've been escaping the world.

Bailey and I continue to talk about other things, off the subject of Niall. She tells me how class is going and I tell her how I've still managed to keep up with online classes somehow. Which reminds me, I need to leave soon to do that.

"I'm sorry bailey but I have to go. I actually have online glasses to get to. I'll text you sometime." I say, standing up.

"Okay girl, Bye. Stay strong!"

And with that, I go home to do class work. Whoo...not.

*SOOOO WHATCHA THINK? Boring, I know right. You love me tho? :) COMMENT FAN VOTE!! *