Chapter Nineteen

His lips softly touched mine. A weird tingly feeling ran through them to the tip of my toes.

Slowly, Scott nibbled on my bottom lip causing my stomach to flip. The kiss deepened while my hands found their way to Scott's soft waves. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as his hands gripped me by the waist. Gradually, my back met the grass while he hovered over me. A soft moan erupted down my throat, making his hands grip me harder and the kiss became more passionate.

Breathless, Scott pulled apart and gazed at me with a small smile on his lips. His pupils were completely dilated, making his stare much more intense.

My heart was racing so fast and loud that I was sure he could hear it.

... it was the best kiss I've ever had...

Scott's smiled turned into a smirk, "it was pretty good..." He voiced huskily.

Wait.

Did I say that out loud?

My already warmed cheeks flushed even more, and Scott chuckled. 

"You know? That blush makes you look even more beautiful."

Great.

I blushed ten times harder.

Scott pulled away from me laughing. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him with so much strength that he made me crash into his chest with a thump. His arms encircled my waist and he leaned really close to me again.

He didn't kiss me, though.

His stare was piercing.

So I did what any sane person would do in my situation.

I closed the small gap between us and kissed him again.

The moment my lips crashed into his, Scott smiled and eagerly kissed me back. This kiss was amazing as the first one. My whole body tingled as my hands entangled in his hair. Scott's hands roamed on my waist pulling me closer to him.

It just felt...perfect...

We pulled apart when it was getting really hard to breathe. At least for me. Scott sexily smiled at me. His right hand cupped my cheek as his thumb caressed my lips. He pecked me one last time and pulled apart completely. He grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his.

"Come on." We walked towards his horse.

"What about the food and-"

"Don't worry about it."

Without any other word, he helped me get on the horse. He got behind me and pulled me closer to him. This time, as we rode back, he grabbed the ropes with one hand while his other hand rested on my waist, holding me.

Am I dreaming?

It felt like it. It was completely surreal.

Who would have thought that I would be riding a beautiful horse with the sexiest man who just happened to kiss me?

And damn...that was an amazing kiss.

Or kisses...

Who's counting?

As I caught a glimpse of Scott's palace, my whole body tensed.

Is this it?

Is this the last time I'll see him again?

I always knew this would happen. This, whatever this was, it wouldn't last more than...well...one day.

So, why do I feel completely disappointed?