Chapter Three: The Hidden City

(Warning: this chapter contains depictions of blood and gore, which might not be suitable for some readers.)

~Chapter Three~
The Hidden City

Owin was now at a loss, the scent from the blood poultice had led him straight to Zhagos's warehouse district. Where about a thousand other different smells had filled the air from the many things stored within the buildings.

Owin: "Damn it! Her trail's gone cold… She really is something, she must have sensed me following her and came through here to cover her scent." He looked around hoping to find any other clue that might put him back on Arwen's trail. "There's got to be something around here that can tell me what direction she may have gone." As he continued to look around he got a sudden feeling that he was being watched. He then honed his senses, someone was definitely watching from the shadows nearby. The dark figure tried to sneak up behind Owin, but it was he who sprung the surprise. "You know if you want to sneak up on someone you shouldn't breathe so loud." Owin turned around to find a young female Elf cloaked in black standing behind him. "You're Not the one I'm looking for, but perhaps you're willing to help me out?"

Elf: "I have no idea how you knew I was behind you, but I do know you're on the wrong side of town." She reached under her cloak and pulled out a double edged dagger. "Now just hand over all the valuables that you have on you and no one has to get hurt." Owin sighed.

Owin: "You really don't want to do this, trust me." He then drew his sword from its scabbard and the Elf grinned widely at him.

Elf: "The hard way it is then." The elf then lunged forward at Owin, her dagger raised, but she suddenly stopped in mid-air just a few feet away from him, his sword just inches away from her face. "What the hell did you do?! Have you no honor that you have to use magic in a sword fight?"

Owin: "This isn't my doing, it's hers." Just then Aqua stepped out from behind the elf.

Aqua: "Yes it was I who cast the spell on you and hello Owin, having a bit of trouble?" He sighed again.

Owin: "Aqua Moonfall, of all the witches in all of Arnora, I just have the delight of running into you."

Aqua: "Don't act like you aren't happy to see me Owin. I just did you a favor and stopped you from pointlessly killing this Elf here. Besides our meeting isn't a coincidence, we had a run in with Orion and he pointed us in your direction. He told us he tasked you with finding Arwen so I decided to help you out." Owin looked at Aqua and then spotted Luke in the shadows behind her.

Owin: "Luke you can come out of the shadows, we're done arguing for now."

Aqua: "Call it what you will Owin, but we are here to help you." Luke then stepped out from his hiding place.

Luke: "Will you two ever overcome your differences? It'll get you nowhere and besides we got more pressing matters to attend to. It's like Aqua said, Orion told us everything that happened tonight and he said you might need help tracking Arwen."

Aqua: "Luke is right Owin, we need to put aside our differences and we have to find her. We're her friends after all."

Owin: "Well first we got this to attend to." He looked over at the Elf in front of him. "If you'll please unfreeze us Aqua, she's not going to do anything she'll soon regret." Aqua waved her hand through the air freeing Owin and the Elf, who fell from mid-air. "Now can you tell me who exactly you are? I know you aren't some common petty thief." Owin then sheathed his blade and extended his hand to help the elf up from the ground. She takes it and Owin helps her to her feet.

Elf: "My name is Osonia, and you're right I'm not some common thief. I'm the leader of the Elven slums and you aren't just some common travelers either." She then looked Owin up and down. "You're clearly a Slayer, and I'm guessing you're on a job right now?"