Chapter Six: Revelations

~Chapter Six~
Revelations

Owin just stood there staring at Arwen. After everything he and his companions had been through that night searching for her, she didn't want to go back to Orion.

Owin: "What do you mean no? Do you have any idea what we've been through tonight just to save you?"

Arwen: "No I don't, I can only imagine. But I beg of you please don't take me back to Orion! He's not the person that I thought he was. I recently discovered a terrible secret about him and his family."

Owin: "This secret wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he and his family, the entire royal family of the Zemorian Empire are in fact corrupted and deal in slavery?"

Arwen: "Yes that's exactly it, but how did you know?"

Owin: "Well at first I did have my doubts about it, but from what Osonia and Ryo here have told me tonight, Orion obviously can't be trusted and the royal family built their entire lives and fortune around the misfortune of others and they did it all without anyone knowing."

Arwen: "Yes what they've told you is true, I only just found out a few days ago myself. I overheard Orion and his father talking about it and I was angry after finding out the truth so I confronted him about it. I was planning on calling off the marriage and then just the other day I received a gift with a note saying it was from Orion, it was poultice. The note said It was made using exotic herbs and it was supposed to help me calm my nerves. So like any other poultice I stuck It under my floor boards so the scent of it would soak into the wood and linger. Then it's like I said the very last thing I remember of that night was killing my parents. Everything else is a mystery to me."

Owin: "Wait so you're saying it was Orion that gave you the poultice? You didn't receive it from Killian?"

Arwen: "No but it did make me track that monster down. It was like something instinctual was drawing me to him."

Owin: "That would be one of the effects of it, Orion might have been the one who gave it to you but it was made using Killian's blood, and it's the blood that caused you to track him down.  This must mean that they're working together. Which also means Orion just might know exactly what makes Killian so damn unique and powerful."

Aqua: "I had a feeling that there was something strange going on with Orion. He really didn't seem all too concerned about Arwen when he sent us after you earlier tonight. He knew the truth from the very beginning when he sent us all to find Arwen. Perhaps he was hoping we wouldn't survive the encounter we had with Killian."

Luke: "We almost didn't, if it wasn't for Owin and his power of The Light we'd definitely be dead right now."

Owin: "We need to get back to the city with all haste, but we won't return to Orion. If Killian got back to him and it was indeed his plan to have us killed, then he knows that we're still alive. It'll be daylight soon and our best option is to head to the Institute for now. Maybe the professor can help shed some light on Killian and tell us what sort of vampire he is. After all that was our original plan anyway."

Osonia: "I would love to join you Owin but I'm afraid I can't, after all I'm a wanted elf in the city. If Orion were to catch me there's no telling what he'd do to me."

Owin: "I understand Osonia and besides your people need you here after what happened tonight."

Galahadri: "Well since Osonia can't join you, I think perhaps Ryo here can take her place then. A former spy could be of great use to you Owin."

Ryo: "Even if I wanted to help the Slayer he wouldn't be able to afford it anyway."

Galahadri: "Are you questioning my authority Ryo? You will help Owin and his friends with their mission because it's the right thing to do."