we need to talk

you turned off your phone and laid down on kenma's bed. you two were hanging out at his house due to his parents working late and he didn't want to be alone.

he was currently playing animal crossing off to the side. "are you going to break up with him?" the setter asked you, his eyes not leaving his gaming device, "i honestly think you should."

you sighed, "i guess i'm just scared of being alone?" you scooted next to him, "let me see that," you took his switch and started playing animal crossing. surprisingly, he let you grab it. in any normal occasion, he would literally fight you for it, but i guess even kenma knew you were going through a confusing time, "you're not mad?"

"mad about what?"

"that i stole your switch, duh."

"i mean, not really," kenma shrugged, "give it back, now. but... you should break up with him, he doesn't deserve you."

your mouth curved into a teeth-y smile, "who deserves me then?" you nudged the blonde over and over.

he looked at you smiling stupidly, "kageyama-kun looks like he's interested in you," he looked back at his switch and started playing again, "date him instead."

your jaw dropped and you knitted your eyebrows together, "but i can't do that! they're teammates."

"only on the court, you heard it from him. kageyama-kun doesn't like tsukishima at all," the blonde continued to play his game, "just think about it. he never prioritizes you. he gets jealous easily, when he does stuff ten times worse than you. he never gives you attention. he's dating another girl. come on, y/n. don't be stupid."

"i am stupid sometimes," you pouted, ruffling your hair.

he focused on the game he's playin again. you were sulking right next to him. kenma wasn't talking to you but honestly, his presence was enough and you were thankful for that.

"but i'm not going to date anyone after this for a while," you simply stated, "i'm just going to focus on myself."

"good."

"yeah."

"why haven't you made efforts to leave him when he already left you?"

you didn't talk for a moment. it was a rhetorical question, obviously. you still answered it anyway.

"i guess i wanted him to change."

"he's just wrong," kenma said simply.

you bit your lip. he was right. kenma was always right. in volleyball, in video games, in life, "okay. i'm done being treated like this. thank you, kenma," you hugged him and he moved his shoulders a lot to get it off.

"are you doing it over text?" he managed to ask, playing around with his switch, "stupid ugly town person."

"do i have a choice?"

[00:21]

[00:21]

we need to talk.

it's midnight ffs.

i don't care.