What A Life

Hi, the name is Taliyah Paisley Martin.

I'm 21 years old, well about to be. I was born and raised in New Jersey, and I'm glad to be away from that place. I was raised by grandmother Ruby, but she died 5 years ago. She's my mom's mother, I don't know where my dad is and my mama died when I was a baby due to cancer. I have no siblings and only talk to ONE cousin, so it's basically like I have no family.

My life is hell as yall can tell but there's more...

At the age 6, I was raped by grandma's husband. Me and him where home alone one night and he told me to get undressed so he could bathe me. Me being a little at the time, I obviously did as he said. Once he came back in the room he sat me down on the bed and proceeded to make a conversation with me. His breath smelled of alcohol and tobacco, I knew he wasn't in his right mind. I started to feel uncomfortable just sitting there naked. As I attempted getting up, he pushed me back claiming he was finna give me a massage. We would give each other massages all the time so I didn't think nothing of it, although I was never naked when he did it. He told me to close my eyes and when I did I felt him touch my vagina. My body tensed and I looked down telling him to stop, but he told me to shut up and covered my mouth. He then rammed his penis in me and I started bleeding. When he finished he ran me some bath water, the rest of that night I cried.

He raped me every night until I was 8. I didn't want to tell my grandmother because she loved him so dearly. She would ask me why I would cry everytime she left and I would say because I like to ride in the car.

One night my grandma came home from work early and caught him on top of me. She ran to the kitchen and grabbed a night stabbing him in the leg. She told me to go to the bathroom lock the door and get in the tub to wash the sex off, all I could do was cry.

She called the police and I had to speak to them, I told them how long he had been doing it and when it started. They took him to jail and all I could do was cry seeing how hurt my grandmother was. She had quit her job and promised to never leave me alone, and she kept her promise too. ❤️

                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~

When my grandmother died I had to make a life for myself, and its been HELL.

When I was 16 I met this guy, Terrell, and we started dating. He was 4 years older than me but I didnt care, I thought I was in love.

He let me move in, he bought me nice things, and touched me in a way I've never felt before. He was so nice in the beggining, 5 months in the relationship he changed. He would come home late at night drunk and high, when I questioned him about it he would get so angry. Then came the accusing, he'd always accuse me of being with another dude or having someone in his house. Soon after that he starting hitting me. Some days I was scared to even leave for school without his permission because I knew I would get beat.

Two years in the relationship and he still was abusing me but it had gotten worse. He would bring his hoes to the house and tell me go the guess bedroom, some nights he would kick me out and I would have to sleep in the car or the shed. I know yall are like why didnt I leave, well I literally had no where to go, I didnt have any family or friends.

On my 18th birthday my cousin, Roxanne, reached out me, I told her everything that was happening and she offered that I move in with her, in Colorado. At first I was scared ,Terrell is crazy, so I told her i'll think about it. 3 months had passed and i'd had enough so I contacted Roxanne, letting her know I was ready. I told her all about how dangerous Terrell was so she thought it was best if I left while he wasnt there. So boom it was 2 weeks later and the day had finally come for me to leave.

Terrell was somewhere on the block so he wasnt coming home anytime soon, Roxanne called and told me that the uber was outside so I gathered my stuff. As I was walking down the hall I came face to face with TERRELL. He punched me in the mouth demanding me to tell him where I was going and by that time my mouth was bleeding. He heard my phone ring and snatched it out my pocket answering it, it was Roxie calling to say the Uber was about to leave. "Let it leave bitch" is what Terrell said before he threw my phone destroying it.

After that he treated me like a prisoner, it was almost like being held hostage. I couldnt have a phone anymore, I couldnt be out the room past 10, I couldnt leave the house unless he was with me. I couldnt even shower alone he'd always watch me, and when he was out on the block I was forced to sit in the car with nothing to do. We were three years in a damn relationship, THREE ! Boy I was so miserable and depressed.

The month of my 19th birthday I couldnt even eat or sleep, I was so depressed and hurt. The night before my birthday I tried to kill myself by overdosing. Terrell found me passed out in the tub. He took me to the hospital and when I woke up I told the nurse to call the police immediately. Once they got there I told them everything, they sat and waiting for Terrell to arrived and when he did, they arrested him.

"You bitch I cant believe you! After all the shit I've done for you, I shouldve left you on the streets!" Terrell yelled as they hamdcuffed him.

"What did i do to deserve this Terrell" I cried.

He laughed, "You got it coming bitch" Was the last words I've heard Terrell say.

I was in the hostipal for about a week while i healed, I was able to contact Roxanne and tell her what was happening. Once again she bought me a plane ticket and scheduled me a time to leave.

So here I am now 3 years later, living my best life in South Carolina with Roxanne and her boyfriend.

Life couldnt be any better.

Comment your thoughts.