Birth-month

TALIYAH

"Wakeeee uppppppp ! It is officially the month of December aka Taliyah's birthday month" Roxanne squealed.

"Roxieee I'm trying to sleep" I said looking at my phone seeing it was December 1st , 12:03 a.m.

"Fine but I'll be back" She said pointing at me then walked out the room.

I sighed turning my lamp off laying back down. I couldn't go back to sleep so I turned on my sleep meditation and soon drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now you guys are probably wondering why Roxie said it was my birth month right ? Well my birthday is December 25, on Christmas Day, how ironic. But since it is Christmas we chose to celebrate the birth of Jesus instead of me so for the whole month ,until then, we celebrate my birthday.

When Roxie and I where little we were really close, she was the only cousin I talked to. So every December ,the week of my birthday, my grandma would take us to the movies then once we came home we would camp on the back porch. Of course we always would end up inside in the middle of the night lol.

That was kind of like a tradition until Roxie's grandpa got sick so they had to move to Carolina when I was 6, and thats how we lost touch.

But anyways when I moved in with Roxie she said she wanted to make up for lost time so we started doing everything we would do at my granny house, including my birthday month.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Breakfast readyy" I heard Roxie yell.

"Cominggg" I said yawning.

I turned on my lamp getting out the bed, I then went the bathroom washing my face and brushing my teeth. After that I threw on a big shirt and some shorts then headed down stairs.

"Good morning" I said to Roxie then sat down.

"Good morning luv bug , how'd you sleep?" She said flipping pancakes.

"Good, hmm what's that delicious smell" I said looking over here shoulder.

"I made peppermint chocolate pancakes, colored green and red of course" she said with her chin up. Roxanne is a great cook and she's very confident about it, lol.

"Hmm soundsss good, we got any chocolate syrup?" I said looking in the cabinets.

"Yup I bought some this morning look in one of those bags" she said pointing to the bags on the table.

I then started shuffling thru bags, "Found it!" I said raising my head.

DING DONG !!

"I got it" I said heading towards the door.

As soon as I opened the door my ear drums were busted by someone squealing "Haaaaapppyyy birthmonth !"

I looked up seeing Kylie, "Kylie what the hell im not sure if I can hear now" I giggled touching my ear.

"Oh shut up, this is for you" she said pulling a gift from behind her back.

"Kylie.. gifts already. You didn't have to" i said smiling a little. I hate all the attention from my birthday, and getting showered with gifts. I wasn't like that when I was little I think it happened when my granny passed.

"I know I know you don't like gifts but I had toooo. Besides I gotta shower my lady with gifts right" She said then pecked my lips.

"Kyliee not here" I said giggled kissing her back.

"Oh right sorry" she said then closed the door.

I know you guys are like what in the worlddd, we'll let me tell y'all the tea. Kylie is Roxie's bestfriend, and also my "lover" or whatever lol. I'm not gay neither am I bi-sexual, but I was really attracted to Kylie.

Now Kylie is bi-sexual, she came onto me first like 6 months ago. No we're not dating we're sneaking around you know, she spends the night here a lot and when Roxie is sleep thats when we get down to business if you know what I mean lol.

But anyways here's the catch... Roxie doesn't know about me and Kylie, and that's good. If she finds out I feel like it'll make it weird, ofc she'll be mad too.

~~~~~~~~~~

Getting to the kitchen I was blown away with how delicious the food looked.

"Wowww, this looks soo gooddd" I said staring at the food.

"Danggg.. Bestfriend where you at!" Kylie yelled.

"Kyliee I didn't know you were coming" Roxie said coming out the bathroom.

They then shared a hug, "had to surprise Taliyah with her first gift" Kylie said then they both looked at me.

"Mhm" I said stuffing my mouth with pancakes.

"Well go ahead and open it" Roxie said sliding the gift towards me.

"Oh yeaa sorry" I said to Kylie then wiped my mouth. I then opened the box seeing a note.

"Read it" Kylie said grinning.

"To my dear Taliyah from your girl Kylie, we've been friends for 2 years now. When you first came here I didn't really like you but now we're closer than ever. You're one of the best friends a person can ask for, you're kind, smart, brave, and so beautiful. Don't ever let anyone tell you didn't my love. Anyways This is a special gift from the heart, and there's a meaning to it. I couldn't wait so you're getting it now lol, Anyways hope you like it and there's plenty more coming. Cheers to your birthmonth!"

"Awww" Roxie said.

"Thanks Kylie" I said smiling.

"Your welcome now open the actual gift." She said pointing.

"Ok ok" I said as I pulled it out the box. I then removed the bow then turned it over, It was a photo book. I opened it up and the first picture I saw was the from my first time here at this house. I then started flipping thru the pages seeing every single picture we took together in order.

"Do you like?" Kylie asked nervously. I sat there in silence as my eyes filled with tears.

"Taliyah if it's too much i could take it" She said reaching for the book.

"No it's perfect thank you" I said jumping in her arms.

"Are you crying what a wimp" Roxie said making us laugh.

"Fuck off" I said flipping her off.

~~~~~~~~~~

I absolutely love this memory/photo book, It was really sweet of Kylie. I honestly cried looking at how happy Kylie looks in the pictures.

I think I'm catching actual feelings for her. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Comment your thoughts. 😝