chapter thirteen

"Will you please tell me when you love me? I'm dying here" 

And then we're laughing. And then I'm in his arms, and we're kissing, at first quickly--to make up for the lost time--and then slowly, because we have all the time in the world. And then his lips are soft and honey sweet, and the careful, passionate way he moves them against my own says that he savors the way I taste, too. 

And in between kisses, I tell him I love him. 

Again and again and again. 

"Interesting!" Ibrahim's voice snapped Mawra out of the dream world and she jumped in surprise, trying to hide the book behind her back as she closed it shut almost immediately, but too bad he has already read those last few lines. A glint of mischievousness played in his eyes. 

Heat rushed onto her cheeks, as she looked away, feeling too shy to stand in front of him. How did she not notice him entering this place and reading her book? Did he even read? If yes, how will she face him after this? How could she be so careless? Question after question was raised in her head and her legs suddenly felt jelly. How she wished the earth to swallow her right away. 

"Never pegged you as a romance lover." he stated with amusement, making her give him a look, "what is that supposed to mean?" Even in nervousness she didn't try and hide how offended she was. Her eyes were looking at his shirt though, she couldn't face him yet. Ibrahim threw his head back and laughed at her reaction. 

Mawra now stared at him wide-eyed, confused with his laugh but at the same enjoyed it as well. Ibrahim looked extra handsome whenever he smiled or laughed. It was so contagious and many times, she'd get lost in his laugh, which she hoped that Ibrahim is unaware of, but he always knew... just like now. 

"What I meant is... Wait, what is the book's name first?" he raised his brows, trying to get hold of the book but she shook her head vigorously and tried to keep it out of his reach, behind her back, "that's beside the point. What do you mean by that?" she asked again with her cheeks so red.

"That what, Mawra?" he asked in a teasing tone making the blood rush onto her cheeks once again, "you're making fun of me." she huffed cutely, he tried his best to not laugh again. 

"I am confused, what do you want to ask, ask clearly, biwi," Ibrahim muttered huskily as he leaned in and tucked her loose hair strands behind her ears, making her freeze at his actions and the word biwi has its own kind of effect. It amused him so much as to how his every single touch has this crazy effect on her; which always left him to crave for more. Surprising himself the most. 

Taking her frozen state to his advantage, Ibrahim leaned in; inhaling her intoxicating fragrance slightly and pulled the book from her hands. Anna and the French Kiss was its title. A playful smirk appeared on his face, as he then gazed at her, who looked mortified and blushed furiously. Her gaze fell on the floor once again whilst moving behind. Mawra couldn't handle that closeness all of a sudden; his chocolate cologne was too addicting. She hits the library's shelf in the process and a soft gasp left her mouth. 

Damn... How could I be so careless?  She frowned slightly in between her blushing.

"You know, I was wondering, where did my wife go in the middle of the night... Only to find her in this library, smiling like a creep to herself reading some book. Not to forget that dreamy look on her face. Now I know why." He stated with amusement but saw the change in her face, which turned from shyness to anger, "I was bored. Who works on Saturday night by the way? You could have given me company or something. But no, your precious works need you always." she complained, whilst folding her arms cutely.