Gone

"Jace! You have to get your life together, man! You're going to go bankrupt! And you've been loaning from Tate!" Marcus screamed as Jace had tried to push him out the door. Marcus still kept his footing as Jace pushed. Marcus needed to get everything off his chest. He'd been harbouring his opinions on Jace's choices on his chest for months. He saw everything that Jace had chosen to get involved with start to slowly take over Jace's life. It drained everything, not just the money. Marcus saw the happiness fade from Jace's normally giddy face. He saw Jace's belongings suddenly disappearing. Marcus saw the transformation into the broken shell of Jace and Marcus wasn't fine with it at all.

"I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine!" Jace denied furiously. Jace wasn't fine, even he knew it but he wasn't going to  change anything. As far as he was concerned, his life was no one else's business so they shouldn't be telling him how to live it.

"No, you're not! Ever since you and Anne stopped talking, you've changed!" Marcus argued. Marcus had been trying to avoid talking about Anne the entire intervention. It was a touchy subject most of the time and well, angry Jace was less tolerant about everything. He knew that word vomit would be costly and Jace's actions wouldn't be exactly fun.

"Don't talk about her," Jace lowly grounded out. As predicted, Jace's emotions and anger spiked, not to mention his blood pressure. Jace had convinced himself that he hated the girl. Although, despite his denial, he knew himself that he never loved anyone else more.

"You love her and you know it! So get the damn phone out and call the girl!" Marcus pleaded. It pained Marcus to see Jace like this for the past year. It needed to end now before it ruined Jace's life.

"You loved Case so why aren't you with her now?" Jace debated. Jace had been wondering for months why the hell the two were no longer together. Casey and Marcus were the perfect couple as far as Jace had seen. Yet, suddenly she suddenly had disappeared. Marcus no longer spoke of the giggling blonde. Jace saw how his mood had changed everytime Jace mentioned her. Jace kept his distance though and avoided talking about her. It was an unspoken rule just like how Marcus was never to speak of Anne. Since Marcus had broken it, Jace saw the chance for an eye for an eye.

"She didn't want me!" Marcus heatedly yelled back.

"Anne doesn't want me either!" Jace yelled.

"You idiot! She tried calling you countless times! You freaking are the imbecil who never called her back after kissing her! What the hell is wrong with you?! This isn't the Jace I know!" Marcus yelled reaching forward and grabbing Jace's shoulders and shaking them slightly.

"Well, maybe I'm not Jace," Jace almost whispered, shaking off Marcus' hands. He was tired arguing with his friend. They'd known each other since high school freshman year, and ever since Anne and him had seperated for awhile, they both had gotten even closer. They had never fought for more than ten minutes but this intervention of Marcus was already bordering the end of their friendship.

Marcus turned speechless and gave a solemn look at Jace as he walked back towards Jace's door.

"Look, until you find 'Jace' again, just, just don't talk to me. I don't want to see this, this monster," Marcus said still heatedly. Marcus was tired of just watching his friend's demise. He couldn't bear it anymore.

Without a second glance, Marcus stormed out of the apartment, into his car and sped away as Jace gazed after him from his window. A couple minutes passed without any sign of Marcus coming back.  The streets were still white except for a couple of tire tracks. He watched as an ambulance passed by, its sounds resonating throughout the quiet street and through the window into the silent apartment. The light cast a lively colour on the pure white snow. The liveliness of the colour was so contradictory for the poor being on the recieving end of the ambulance, Jace noted. Jace sighed as he realized that he wasn't coming back. Jace was hoping Marcus would just forgive and come back to apologize like he normally did but this time, Marcus was right and had nothing to apologize for and Jace knew this. He wasn't surprised but was just hopeful about it.