xxiv. twitter, article

twitter!

adira @adira
my interview for the october issue of @Fusion is out right now ! so thankful for elvera and all the beautiful people i got to work with 🤍

∙∙∙

article!

Fusion!
ADIRA IS READY TO REINTRODUCE HERSELF
October 2018 Issue
by Elvera Rone

         BLURB ━ Adira Flynn has struggled to face the daunting challenge of transitioning from a teen pop star to an independent adult in the spotlight.

        At the age of 16, Adira broke out into the pop scene with the release of her debut album, blue ship, in 2012, which debuted at number 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album's lead single, you and i, reached a peak of No. 5 on the Billbord Hot 100, while the last three singles all peaked in the top 20—golden at No. 9; love, jack at No 14; and run at No 17. The album went on to sell more copies in its second week than in its first week, becoming the first album since Justin Bieber's My World 2.0 in 2010 to debut at No. 1 and sell more the following week.

        Adira's second album, to my one, was released in 2014. The lead single, again, debuted at No. 2 on the Hot 100, becoming the pop star's highest charting single in the United States. The album's last three singles—right now, summer, and always forever—peaked at No. 4, 5, and 7, respectively. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and became the first album in history to have the amount of copies sold increase each week for its first four weeks.

        Since the release of to my one, the superstar has faced a myriad of bumps: multiple run-ins with the law; the loss of her younger brother and her close friend to suicide; the loss of her mother to lung cancer; and attempts by her abusive father, who has been in and out of her life since she was a baby, to rekindle their relationship following the deaths of her mother and brother. Still, Adira's legion of fans remained loyal, with her EP thoughts debuting atop the Billboard 200 chart in 2016. The EP, which took on topics including sex and drugs, saw a more mature and bold Adira for the first time, with songs like dress allowing the singer to embrace her sensuality and reveal her intense sexual desire for her partner.

        Following the ending of her tumultuous relationship earlier this year, Adira took an unannounced break, during which she allowed a sole reporter from Fusion! to get an unfiltered look into her life as she fought to make sense of her battles and safeguard her mental health.

        It has been six years since Adira last appeared on the cover of Fusion! as a fresh-faced 16-year-old. She was an unblemished up-and-coming singer-songwriter—so, naturally, Fusion! photographed her with tears of blood streaming down her face.

 She was an unblemished up-and-coming singer-songwriter—so, naturally, Fusion! photographed her with tears of blood streaming down her face